Powdercoat or paint?

I had no idea powder can be flatted down and polished! i'm going to have to strip the fire mountain down again and get the 1200 out!!

Thanks for all your imput guys! I'm still not sure though i agree that powder is tougher and would be better for me as i like to hammer the off-road! although the place offering to powdercoat is a small bike shop and the place offering the paint is huge and they really know their brown sticky suff! They specialize in bikes and moto-X bike's so the best paint they offer is tough!

:? Hhhmmmmm

Well, I can look to the likes of my 19 year old powder coated Bontrager, the life and the miles under it and compare it to some of the (expensive) enamels etc on some of my other bikes and I know which one I would say is more resillient to a life off road and a British climate.

If you wan't anything fancy or a particular colour then paint is the way to go, but if it's a single colour or a simple fade (which a few shops now seem to do in powder) then I'd pick powder every time.

lewis1641":2yv8tdei said:
I had no idea powder can be flatted down and polished! i'm going to have to strip the fire mountain down again and get the 1200 out!!

Make sure it is surposed to be a gloss finish first ! :LOL:

Use 1500's or 2000's wet and finish by hand with a quality compound :cool:

I am not saying you cant, but I would be carefull of using a rotary polisher on it due to heat build up :D

Back