PoTM - November - Contradictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spudly":1cbowv9a said:
Ive not entered for this before, but ill try my hand...

P1030164_zpsf9688041.jpg

As someone who currently sits on a board that works with land management agencies to gain new trail access (Boulder MountainBike Alliance), I never like to see photos of cyclists disobeying posted signs. Remember we are all in this together and we represent our sport as a whole when we are out on the bike.

FluffyChicken":hspgv4wo said:
I think I have a different interpretation of the word contradiction to others.
fat and thin are not contradictions but opposites
year comparisons are not, as are country comparisons, neither is old vs new comparison.

Road tyre on a Mountain bike is a contradiction.
Camleback on a water bottle.
Photoshopped* 'picture' in a photo competition *not just a simple tweak of the image quality/colours, or is it picture of the month, I forget ;)
RetroBike in a Modern bike race ..
Agreed, many of these are opposites as opposed to contradictions.

theproscloset":hspgv4wo said:
Spudly":hspgv4wo said:
Ive not entered for this before, but ill try my hand...

P1030164_zpsf9688041.jpg

As someone who currently sits on a board that works with land management agencies to gain new trail access (Boulder MountainBike Alliance), I never like to see photos of cyclists disobeying posted signs. Remember we are all in this together and we represent our sport as a whole when we are out on the bike.
hopefully the signage was in reference to motorbikes, as opposed to bicycles.

[/quote]
hopefully the signage was in reference to motorbikes, as opposed to bicycles.[/quote]

Given that it says "footpath only" it would imply to both bicycles and cycles.

Well feel free to remove it, I didnt mean to upset anyone with that picture!

I seem to recall that that is a path/trail that anyone is allowed on, but the landowners have taken a dislike to bikers, hence it being a homemade sign and not an official one!

The sign is clearly knocked up in a shed and hand-written. I'm sure that any official authority would have a more official -looking sign, reflective and emblazoned with the respective authorities emblem.
It is widely understood that the sign pictured is on a permissive path on private land that, the owner is keen to 'minimise' wear and tear. So, effectively misleading but the sign is on private land, hence local authorities cannot hack it down. This area is a very remote area and unlikely to suffer any impact to geology or nature.

Thats the badger, cheers Mark i knew it wasnt a genuine sign, but couldnt remember the details of it!

hopefully the signage was in reference to motorbikes, as opposed to bicycles.[/quote]

Given that it says "footpath only" it would imply to both bicycles and cycles.[/quote]
Which also means wheelchairs, prams, etc are not allowed.
Yep welcome to disability discrimination.

;-)

what the fluffy chicken says...

the votes will decide, it is you interpretation after all and it has the right kind of bikes in....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back