police investigate wiggle event

jonnyboy666":1hdyyl2u said:
wiggle employ a company called UKcycling to organise it, they just pay the bill.

i think the events are a good thing but they need to be more thought about to cause less issues, there will always be the moaners but when it gets to the point that average people who would never previously have moaned start doing so then you know you're causing too much hassle.

you honestly think wiggle pay the bill? more like count the profit.the only rides I do with any discipline are the club I go out with.it,s 2 abreast but going single when it is narrow or busy.hand signals are used,and no jumping across juctions or light,s etc. the sportives I have ridden are a free for all,but you are warned at the beginning about road manors.also I must add the retro road rides I have been on are not much better,3 abreast with very little hand signals for road furniture or potholes etc.it,s only a matter of time before someone comes a cropper

ukcycling don't work for free, my point is that wiggle employ someone else to organise the ride. the costs of the ride will come out of a promotional budget from wiggle, i'd be surprised if they make very much on it, it's advertising.

Back