Please help.

Just looks like a mish mash of parts on a Lightning frame to me but I know zilch about GT
Think you are right about the ‘mish mash’ .. of parts… I was advised to join this forum and seek advice on the value of the actual frame.
Sorry again, I don’t know a great deal about the specifics of parts etc. just I paid a lot, rode a lot, loved a lot and now need to work out its value and if I can trust my 13 year old with it 🤣

I'm pretty sure it's a 98 lightning with a mish mash of whatever, good frames, imported Taiwanese, so substantially cheaper than Xizang

I'm pretty sure it's a 98 lightning with a mish mash of whatever, good frames, imported Taiwanese, so substantially cheaper than Xizang
Thank you for taking the time to reply. And thank you for the information.

Think I worked ‘end up’ out.
Has numbers and GT.
Sorry should of read “end cap”

it’s a lightning if it has 3Al 2.5v. Looks like a 16.

Condition is critical as the finish can’t be easily restored like a Xizang.

Sorry should of read “end cap”

it’s a lightning if it has 3Al 2.5v. Looks like a 16.

Condition is critical as the finish can’t be easily restored like a Xizang.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Sorry to be a complete fool.
One last question- I don’t understand the 3AL 2.5v? Where would I find that?! Do the number underneath confirm anything?
Promise no more questions. Thank you.

One last question- I don’t understand the 3AL 2.5v? Where would I find that?! Do the number underneath confirm anything?
Ask away, it’s what this forum was made for🙂

If you didn't ask questions there'd be no forum. Then one day fella has the exact problem you have and you will be the reason he can resolve his issue. Quite beautiful really. I'm going to have a drink.

Ask away its fine.

The end cap is located at the end of the top tube. Should be stamped GT and have the 3AL 2.5 code below on a Lightning.

The issue is that sometimes a Timberline (low end steel) actually looks very similar so its the easiest way to tell for sure.

Back