pimp my ride

well what im afraid of at the moment is that my merlin is gonna end up like that news boy, some sort of crazy x-mas tree hence the reason i started this thread.

Slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me how the forks on this Merlin work? I mean, they look to be welded to the fork legs & also welded to the stem - soooo, if this is the case, how on earth do you fit/remove them & service/change the headset? Or have I missed something...
merlinelevatedproto_482.jpg

stauqmuk":3bush9hb said:
You can use Bablefish as a translator for entire pages. It worked pretty well for me.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Thanks, i'll have to try that. I tried using google language tools to translate the page but it didn't work because google didn't translate the page through my login so it didn't allow th pics to be seen anyway. :roll:

re the forks, i remember these & a fs bike using a air bladder & the flex of the chainstays (ie no pivot) think both were prototypes & weren't put into production, i don't mind being corrected tho! the forks were designed as such to get over the way that Ti flexes, which is great, but not in a fork. if you look closley at the pic you can just make out pinch bolts at the rear of the crown & stem, these hold the removable steerer. probably had some kind of modded headset as i'm fairly sure it was pre ahead.
i don't think the forks were produced as they were a bit of a git to make, not to mention expensive, possibly an exercise in design or 'yeah we can make Ti forks'.

The Syncros posts on those Merlins look.....off to me. The American Classic seems ok though? Is it a BF Goodrich Radial TA on a DB9?
Love and I mean love the Campy Merlin. Pure class.

Back