Picture of an installed Sunrace front bar end shifter?

frkl

Retro Guru
Does anyone have a left side (front) Sunrace SLR96 (or similar, I just realized there are several models that share a similar design) barend shifter installed? I just noticed that the left and right (rear) mounting pods seem to be the same, such that the bolt holding the lever in place threads in from the left on both shifters. In contrast, the Shimano pods are mirror images, and the bolt goes in from the inboard side on both shifters.

Here is a bad picture of not-my-bike I found while googling, but I can't find too many pictures of the shifter actually installed on a bike. I don't really trust the product images of the disembodied shifter, too much CG/photoshoping in these stock images.

1648634047592.png
Can anyone confirm this is the case/post a picture? The fronts are friction, which is great, and I was thinking about trying to use it on the right for the rear, but I never did because I thought the pod would be backwards. But maybe it's not? Also thought it might make an inexpensive pod donor, depending on the interface.

Last edited:
Back