phew - just retrieved my Mint Sauce glove puppet sticker....

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
well....I have just picked up a Stanton Ti - 16.5, carbon cranks etc - and had my heart strings pulled by the Marin 1990 ti - but one way of saying 'goodbye' to the old Ti was to move the tiny Mint Sauce glove puppet sticker across from the Marin to the Stanton - one way of cutting the ties.....the one on the bottom right...remember it? Rather iconic....

Attachments

• Mint_Sauce_1L.jpg
    Mint_Sauce_1L.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 1,638
Remember it, remember still having that sticker sheet in the bottom of my car docs file box, just checked box, remember throwing it out years ago after I gave up MTB. Gahhhh!!!
Along with all the other Mint Sauce stickers from MBUK.

Re:

Each bike we build (cotic, Stanton, commencal) has a sneaky and cheeky Mint Sauce sticker on somewhere - a genuflection to the mystery of the origins of mountain biking in England ....

Re:

Good God ... yes it was Harrison. Well remembered.

er...which Stanton .... er..... Slackline Ti. 16.5.

I had to own up to it to my partner - who looked sternly as a I was setting up the brakes ... ‘Is that another one....’ to which I had to say ‘yes’.

I have broken the one in one out rule ... hence selling the Marin 1990 ti....

Re:

Harrison will be going back to Jo’s stamping ground tomorrow - he’ll be taking a ride on the top tube of the Stanton as we go from Brighton Eastwards on the South Downs Way......

Re:

Well....Harrison enjoyed his day out Brighton eastwards on the top tube of the Stanton. The retrogrom did very well on his new Ragley Marley .. up to Ditchling Beacon and across the top eastwards, down to the crossing at the A23, up and over Southease and then up the hard grass drag back to the top - fast over the hilltops to Firle. Harrison particularly freaked out the sheep on the descents across from Falmer, none of whom seemed to have the metaphysical whimsy of Mint Sauce.

Latest posts

Back