Peugeot PX10-DU

... refer my TVTs the tubes had a wall thickness of 3-5 mm, today they only have paper thickness - tubes were knitted endlessly at that time e.g. at DuPont in Wilmington, US or other manufacturers like ALsthom or TCT. They did not know the required stability, so they were usually oversized at the time, but they gained a third of the weight of a frame set brazed from high quality steel tubes.

I have a PX10DU that I built a couple of years ago and have never used since , it was a new old stock frame but in haste I just bought NOS parts at the time that were not exactly a matching group. I`m going to sort that now after seeing yours, the Simplex 6600 rear derailleur is Edco branded and the Simplex front mech is Gipiemme and for some oddball reason I used a Mavic SSC chainset that I had spare , it will be sorted after seeing how good your 107 chainset looks.

Attachments

• IMG_3773.JPG
    IMG_3773.JPG
    408 KB · Views: 14
sorry ... I haven't seen an origin PX10-DU based on a 2nd Gen Vitus 979 - to my knowledge, Peugeot has used the champain-bronze frame for the PX10-DU with traditional seatpostatt fixing only. The champain-bronze anodizing was exclusive to Peugeot, but later, after the close down of the Equipe Peugeot. Bador the owner of VITUS and after the VITUS insolvency, the founder of TIME Roland Cattin, who tried to revive VITUS, no longer had to respekt this agreement ... but I am not sure about but my frame set was one of the last serie in 1984/85

sorry ... I haven't seen an origin PX10-DU based on a 2nd Gen Vitus 979 - to my knowledge, Peugeot has used the champain-bronze frame for the PX10-DU with traditional seatpostatt fixing only. The champain-bronze anodizing was exclusive to Peugeot, but later, after the close down of the Equipe Peugeot. Bador the owner of VITUS and after the VITUS insolvency, the founder of TIME Roland Cattin, who tried to revive VITUS, no longer had to respekt this agreement ... but I am not sure about but my frame set was one of the last serie in 1984/85
I knew the champagne colour was exclusive to Peugeot but never understood it was limited to the earlier generation only and I have no other reason to suspect mine wasnt a genuine Peugeot issued 979 as all the decals look factory to me, people make such glaring errors with positioning repro Peugeot decals. I recall seeing a 2nd gen blue Peugeot 979 in competition in a cycling magazine ( I`ll look for it ) as well as Steve Swarts champagne seemingly 2nd gen Peugeot 979 in the 87 TDF ( below ) . When Peugeot stopped sponsoring their own team they continued to supply hundreds of frames to Pro Teams and Amateurs including 979`s .

Attachments

• swartanc.jpg
    swartanc.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 10
Back