Peugeot Aravis

jules_b

Old School Hero
This is my recently acquired Peugeot Aravis 1988. Reynolds 531 Professional throughout, Shimano 501 groupset, Mavic wheels and all in great condition and very original. The only replacements have been a new Turbo saddle, Brooks bar tape (as the original had perished) and I have replaced (but kept) the original pedals for my SPDs (for my commute).

It rides beautifully. I was originally looking for a donor bike for my Athena but came across this on this forum and could not resist!! Very happy with it as it is in barely used condition and it really flies.

28255451026_2747472bfd_b.jpg

27673627594_7a2afe0050_b.jpg

28289656055_e15562abe2_b.jpg

27674071933_0e40fe16db_b.jpg

27673689684_884a14be03_b.jpg

28255515016_2512b22c5c_b.jpg

28255549806_3b7bfac3a7_b.jpg

That's a lovely pair of Peugeot's you've got their mate and makes me wish i still had my old road bikes ..

Re:

Thank you both! I am very happy with them. I am having the same issue with both though as no one seems to have the tool to remove the rear cassettes. I need to remove the one on the Aravis due to one of the cogs being a little worn and on the Athena to replace a spoke but I think they are both some particular French connection which is proving a bit of a hassle!! I will keep on looking for someone that can remove them.

I'm trying to remember what the tool looked like and so i'm wondering wether a car oil filter removal tool with a rubber strap would do the job if they still make them that is ..

Re: Re:

jules_b":v07m7ql2 said:
Thank you both! I am very happy with them. I am having the same issue with both though as no one seems to have the tool to remove the rear cassettes. I need to remove the one on the Aravis due to one of the cogs being a little worn and on the Athena to replace a spoke but I think they are both some particular French connection which is proving a bit of a hassle!! I will keep on looking for someone that can remove them.

Hi, I have had loads of Peugeots and there should be nothing unusual or difficult to source the correct tool. Are you sure you have cassettes and not freewheels? , they are very different as freewheels have their own bearings but cassettes are built up on to a freehub. Sorry If you knew this but if you can determine what you have it makes finding the right tool much easier. :)

To be honest I am basing this on 3 of my local bike shops not having the tool so maybe I have been unlucky (or lazy) in this regard. They are both cassettes but will look into it more.

Back