Petition to make UK royal family pay for Buck Palace repairs

Re:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The peasants are revolting! I will need a fruity red to wash them down.

From what I am reading it seems we all ought to be grateful the royals deign to suffer our presence on the same island.

How very civil of them.

String them up, is what I say. If anyone is daft enough to believe they 'pay for themselves' in any legitimate way, they need to go back to the books.

Look at what lies ahead. Charles and The Dragon.

Jeez.

ultrazenith":77mg4l6x said:
I used to be quite pro monarchy, but the behaviour of the queen these last few years has seen all my goodwill drain away, to the point that I'm now leaning towards abolishing the monarchy and confiscating most of their property.

What changed my mind? The way the queen has failed to use her reserve powers in the face of an extreme right and now a fascist government. I was counting on her to do the right thing for her subjects and block Brexit, at the very least. If HRH had any self respect left, she would order the army onto the streets to overthrow the current government, and rule directly in the interests of the people until a centrist unity government can be formed. The woman's a bloody disgrace.
Not sure if serious, but having seen your other incoherent ramblings I'll assume it is, so have these

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Don't like the result of a vote? Get the army to overthrow the government. The rational answer to a pretty timid Tory government which hasn't done anything of note other than have a referendum they promised in their manifesto.

I'd suggest watching that Ben Shapiro lecture but you'd probably do something stupid. Watch it.

ultrazenith":1czwc3gp said:
I used to be quite pro monarchy, but the behaviour of the queen these last few years has seen all my goodwill drain away, to the point that I'm now leaning towards abolishing the monarchy and confiscating most of their property.

What changed my mind? The way the queen has failed to use her reserve powers in the face of an extreme right and now a fascist government. I was counting on her to do the right thing for her subjects and block Brexit, at the very least. If HRH had any self respect left, she would order the army onto the streets to overthrow the current government, and rule directly in the interests of the people until a centrist unity government can be formed. The woman's a bloody disgrace.

That bottle must be 3/4's empty by now :D

This government meets most objective criteria for being a fascist one. We have the PM deciding she can change the law and remove people's rights by decree, instead of running it past parliament. In effect, she wants rule as a dictator.

We have a government who think it's OK to funnel money away from the poorest people in society (who need it the most), and into the pocket of the wealthy (who need it the least), with a cruel regime of benefit sanctions and with private businesses being paid to cheat the sick and disabled out of the benefits they need to have a remotely dignified life.

We have a government which is happily scapegoating foreigners, immigrants and people on benefits, knowingly stoking bigotry. Another obvious hallmark of fascism.

We have a health secretary who is quite open about wanting to privatise the NHS (he wrote a chapter of a book about it), who is starving the NHS of funding so that a few years down the line, when the level of care has become quite terrible, he can argue that it's time to bring in a US style system with health insurance and all private hospitals.

The government have also succeeded in turning our public broadcaster, the BBC, into the state broadcaster. I.e., the BBC is now stuffed full of Conservatives, its news and current affairs output has an overt pro-Conservative bias, and takes part in smear campaigns against the opposition while trying its best to ignore Tory criminality and scandals.

Does anyone think this is all OK? We have a 'timid' government, right?

Of course, I understand that most people don't really follow politics, and many of those who do follow politics are consistently being hoodwinked by the Tories into voting against their own best interest (Sun readers, for example), which is why politicians tend to lie a lot. So it's hard to blame these ignorant or gullible people.

If I may

ultrazenith":qfqmpmem said:
This government meets most objective criteria for being a fascist one. We have the PM deciding she can change the law and remove people's rights by decree, instead of running it past parliament. In effect, she wants rule as a dictator.

Not quite, She tried to use the queens perogative. The same queens perogative that both labour and tories used to give additional powers over our laws to the EU without a single vote. Can you remember a single revisit by any government that approached us to hand over more sovereignty since the 70's?

We have a government who think it's OK to funnel money away from the poorest people in society (who need it the most), and into the pocket of the wealthy (who need it the least), with a cruel regime of benefit sanctions and with private businesses being paid to cheat the sick and disabled out of the benefits they need to have a remotely dignified life.

Tax cuts for business does bring in more business's into the U.K. Funnily enough, Brexit and migration control will mean less low paid migrants but better paid nationals, all those lower wage people that the money makes a real difference too

We have a government which is happily scapegoating foreigners, immigrants and people on benefits, knowingly stoking bigotry. Another obvious hallmark of fascism.

Pointing out we have 1.66 million unemployed whilst we have 3.3 EU workers is not scapegoating.

We have a health secretary who is quite open about wanting to privatise the NHS (he wrote a chapter of a book about it), who is starving the NHS of funding so that a few years down the line, when the level of care has become quite terrible, he can argue that it's time to bring in a US style system with health insurance and all private hospitals.

Some parts do need privatising but yes, it isn't good at the moment.

The government have also succeeded in turning our public broadcaster, the BBC, into the state broadcaster. I.e., the BBC is now stuffed full of Conservatives, its news and current affairs output has an overt pro-Conservative bias, and takes part in smear campaigns against the opposition while trying its best to ignore Tory criminality and scandals.

You clearly haven't watched the BBC for a while. It's full of safe space, sandal wearing, tree hugging liberal lefties who think everyone but them is a racist, abelist, sexist, misogynist and homophobic

Does anyone think this is all OK? We have a 'timid' government, right?

We have the government we deserve. We want the government to do everything for us but then moan they are interfering in our life. Government are supposed to be like forum moderators, people in the shadows keeping things running and not turning into doing everything for us. It is we who have become useless, not government.

Of course, I understand that most people don't really follow politics, and many of those who do follow politics are consistently being hoodwinked by the Tories into voting against their own best interest (Sun readers, for example), which is why politicians tend to lie a lot. So it's hard to blame these ignorant or gullible people.

People pay interest in politics when they need to and leave the obsessive politics to the obsessive

Latest posts

Back