Pertol v Diesel car query

Re:

Now........2012 2 litre Honda CRV petrol..............any views?

Internet info seems ok so far

:?:

Re:

I always have known it as an Italian tune up, but then again I never heard anyone referring to the Reliant Robin as a plastic pig either.

All vehicles benefit from a good run out a couple of times a month at least. Back in my aircooled only days my guru told me you need to get her out once a week and boot her full speed for an hour.

For most of my MOT wrecks I do a convoluted route across the hills to the testing station, maybe thirty miles of windy and very hilly roads, followed by a twenty mile blast on the A9 into Inverness. Seems to do the trick for the brakes and emissions on cars that have been sat for a while.

I practically never drive a car alone, so I consider that my environmental consideration satisfied.

All the gubbins they are strangling engines with is ridiculous. I reckon a car running well driven briskly is less likely to be polluting than one 'clogged up' and running at nothing near the optimum efficiency most of the time thanks to masses of interference from recycling this, and filtering that.

Honda are amongst the best cars on the road, and have been for as long as I have been familiar with them.

Re: Re:

xerxes":33a5k1r8 said:
It's called the cabbie clean... 70mph in 3rd and floor it for 3miles

Yeah, that'll cut down on pollution and save the planet. :roll:

I didn't say I was endorsing it, just that it was a thing.

legrandefromage":33a5k1r8 said:
I thought that was always an Italian tune up?

May well be... I know it from scouse cabbies so may well just be a local colloquialism

Back