Pedal on Parliament Edinburgh 26/04/2014

That might be my only century of the year!
I cycle about town most days, so being in traffic doesn't faze me too much, and being in a group, even a small one helps.
Sections of the canal route are Ok, some weren't so good, last time I went that way. I've gone to Edinburgh via a few different routes. A favourite is up to Limerigg then down to Grangemouth then following the Forth on the coastal path/route to Edinburgh.

Any of this have large sections (as in 7-8 miles and longer in one stretch) completely traffic free? Crossing the odd road would be acceptable but not cycling along a road for more than a couple of meter literally or more than 100-200m segregated but right next to a busy road.

Always on the look out for places to cycle with the children.

Re:

Check out
From Blackness though Hopetoun Estate
From Forth Road Bridge through Dalmeny Park
Both the above sections are off road, mainly track or estate road/track so little if any traffic.
Both the above estates are big enough you could probably create a loop within them to get back to where you started.
Enjoy!

When I lived on Drum Brae we used to do the dalmeny estate route on the odd sunday - couple of pints at the hawes inn then home again.

Back