Pearson Kea (NZ made e-stay). Build update pg 3.

Re: Pearson Kea (NZ made e-stay)

interesting and nice!
Please write what's the weight of the frame when You split the bike to restoration

stumpjumper1990":29d4vvop said:
Could you show me the cable route for the mechs. Looks like they are going through the frame...

It's really a pretty simple setup. The rear gear outer loop goes all the way from the downtube box, through the stay & out the back. The front gear outer goes from the box, through the bottom of the stay to the cable stop.

skolioza":29d4vvop said:
interesting and nice!
Please write what's the weight of the frame when You split the bike to restoration

I was quite surprised when I stripped & weighed the frame. Heavy, but not as heavy as I was anticipating...

Christ that’s more boxy than a 1980’s Volvo©

makes my RC200 F2 look positively curvey :D

Attachments

• boxy-but-good.jpg
    boxy-but-good.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 316

Thanks Arran - it's quite lightweight when comparing to other estays I know Maybe that's the reason why lot of them crack

...just think of all the extra weld they could have put on if they had routed the cables differently. The rear brake cable routing is an interesting one, crying out for a v-brake I think ;-)

ovlov440":26pup71o said:
...just think of all the extra weld they could have put on if they had routed the cables differently. The rear brake cable routing is an interesting one, crying out for a v-brake I think ;-)

The rear brake straddle wire is supposed to cross over behind the seat tube (like an old GT). When set up correctly, this design works surprisingly well (but obviously not as well as a V-brake does). Still undecided as to what i'll do. I'll probably be putting cantis back on as i'm a bit of a stickler for period-correctness-ness...

There was one of those on Trade Me here in Christchurch last year that went for NZ$50 but I stupidly passed......

Egghead":ofup12w8 said:
There was one of those on Trade Me here in Christchurch last year that went for NZ$50 but I stupidly passed......

D'oh! I saw that when I was doing some research but the ad's too old to be displayed. :?

This was from the retro show in Christchurch last year. Not sure if someone on here owns this one.

Attachments

• Pearson Kea.jpg
    Pearson Kea.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 267
Back