PEAKS SWIM on SATURDAY INFO DESK - ONE DAY AND COUNTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New brake cables fitted, bag packed, camera batteries charged, coffee beans in camelbak....bound to forget something :roll: :LOL:

I hope P20 lives on high ground- he might not have a home to return to! The River Wansbeck is bursting its banks everywhere and its raining harder than ever up here- we've just had a text from the envioroment agency warning us of an imminant high flood risk. :shock: :shock:
My workshop is under four inches of water already- and its rising! Its a good job my bikes are hung from the rafters :)

Hope its not as bad down the Peaks!

Heading for high ground, the power has just gone off and the beck is now over the bank. Just rescued my cars from the bottom barn just in time- it's waist deep down there now!

worst thing is the missus is out for the day and forgot my keys- I'm soaked!

Wonder how our boys are doing in the hills?

Si

Hang in there buddy, starting to sound like we had it last year, Nasty :cry:

The weather last night in the peaks was terrible. Ashbourne is badly flooded, my village was under a lot of water. One lady who's out of the country had her car swept away.

We've lost part of the bank and the bridge that goes over the stream through our garden.

We knew nothing about it until we woke up. Luckily we're on higher ground but the bottom of the village is a terrible mess. Police were out at 2am. Garage doors in the rooad, wheelybins, large bails of hay carried by the force of the water. It's never been as bad as that in living memory apparently.

One of the farmers had a silage trailer carried away through his yard and was under 5 ft of water at one point
The road looks like it's about to collapse. :shock:

MadCowKev":1c1wpip6 said:
orange71":1c1wpip6 said:
*sigh* (again)... :roll:

Ditto. Sitting watching CBeebies when I should be illuminating the Peaks! :evil:

Me too. Been looking forward for ages but - had an off last Sun am on the road. Not a bad crash, just some road rash and bruises - except i have knacked my wrist. Been living in denial all week that it would be fine for Sat and stayed off the bike. A quick try on the TT last night highlighted that I have no chance or riding on road, never mind off in the peaks :cry:
Gutted. Wasn't even a bad crash, just a low speed crash on the road.
Bike was cleaned, food in etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back