PDM Concorde

beautiful!
we sold a few of these in the late 80s but only with SLX tubing. feel inside the bb shell or look down the seat tube near the bb and if there's rifling in the tubing it won't be SL tubing. TSX was a lighter version of SLX and more modern.

lovely frame

rusty :)

I never took the BB out. It is a perfect smooth cartridge example of an era I do not have the tools of. I didn't take it out and I didn't have the oppertunity to check for the splines that could have told me whether SLX was used. Maybe it is SLX, but they only forgot to stamp the 'X' in shell and steerer :roll: It could also be it is not a regular production bike, as a nearby large lbs often did buy ex team stuff, including kit from the PDM team. The panto'ed parts are for 100% sure ex team. Mountain frame before the TVT's?

Elev12k":24jrzxig said:
I never took the BB out. It is a perfect smooth cartridge example of an era I do not have the tools of. I didn't take it out and I didn't have the oppertunity to check for the splines that could have told me whether SLX was used. Maybe it is SLX, but they only forgot to stamp the 'X' in shell and steerer :roll: It could also be it is not a regular production bike, as a nearby large lbs often did buy ex team stuff, including kit from the PDM team. The panto'ed parts are for 100% sure ex team. Mountain frame before the TVT's?

yeah, the tvt carbone frame appeared really with la vie claire in 1986 but delgado's PDM team used both squadra and tvt in the 1988 season as i remember

great times indeed
rusty

Interesting

Thanks, I am almost finished however :LOL:

Maybe I should buy it for the hammering and keep the original for the Sundays

Very nice bike Elev12k!

Here are some pics of a very early PDM Astore I found last winter.
It's not my size but I bought it for the complete 1st generation C-Record gruppo that was fitted on the bike.
The previous owner told me it used to be a spare bike of the PDM team.

My guess is it's from 1986, PDM's first year.

11u848g.jpg

2zrfjfk.jpg

34qo4t2.jpg

2iub8co.jpg

f9o5rm.jpg

yes, the astore was the cheaper version of the squadra using columbus aelle tubing and not the SLX. we sold a few of them back in the 80s -around 1986 i think. i doubt if the PDM ever used them, aelle being the basic tubing but interesting that you mention it was fitted with c -record so maybe i'm wrong! lovely frame in any case :)

Back