PayPal Problems?? Anyone else?

Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I've got a bit of an issue with PayPal since today... and I thought I might ask here if anyone else has had this too (and if it'll just go away).

OK here goes: I've just bought a seatpost off ebay, and wanted to do the checkout with paypal. After loggin in I can confirm the amount (33 USD) and click continue. Then a page appears with a message that "The total amount exceeds my sending limit" and I have to get verified first before being able to complete this payment. Below there's a button "Continue" and that does absolutely nothing.

Logging into paypal through www.paypal.com gives me the same (I thought it was something with the ebay checkout).

That "Continue" button below should get paypal to bill my credit card 1.50 and as soon as I verify (very nice, will take a month since I only receive a monthly paper bill of credit card payments, so there's my first negative feedback on ebay thank you very much) they will credit this 1.50 back to me. Of course I sent the seller on ebay a message as to explain it might take a bit longer for me to pay for the seatpost.

What strikes me with strange, is that I've been using paypal since I signed up for Ebay somewhere in 1998... so why all of a sudden do I have to get verified NOW?? My credit card hasn't changed or nothing and last week it was working fine.

Or does this go away sometime tonight so I can still make my payment? So I was wondering if anyone else had this... and the problem is the "Continue" button does nothing so I can't have them bill me 1.50. My browser just keeps loading when I click Continue (I've let it load for 12 minutes) and nothing happens.

WTF is going on here? Anyone?

Thanx for reading and have a good one! :)

Void

Not sure it's related but I bought something today on ebay, went to pay via paypal, but instead of allowing me to pay for the item, it just went to my account balance etc., so I had to click the 'back' button to try again when this time it did allow me to pay for the item. :?

There is an annual limit that they will allow you spend without being verified... have you recently bought something very expensive and paid for it on paypal?

I hit my limit year before last, although I'm pretty sure I did get warning emails telling me it was about to happen and that I should get verified...

zigzag":1192gdfg said:
There is an annual limit that they will allow you spend without being verified... have you recently bought something very expensive and paid for it on paypal?

I hit my limit year before last, although I'm pretty sure I did get warning emails telling me it was about to happen and that I should get verified...

Hmmm, didn't know about that... uhm, this year's only been going on for 3 months (not even), haven't spent that much either.

I didn't receive no mails either, but I do have an e-mail now that states they have billed me 1.50 and I should verify when I can lookup the code on my bank bill. But like I said, those come once a month (around the 27th) only. I don't think I can see this online somewhere :-( And that's the great thing, I have another bid going on something that's ending in about 18hrs and I probably won't be able to pay for that either... so there comes my first negative feedback thanx to sh*tty PayPal!!

Guess I'll just have to find that code somewhere or otherwise work something out with the two sellers and stay away from ebay for the rest of the month :-(

Thanx for helping out guys, mucho appreciated ;-)

Void

yes, isnt it £1500?

and i think it would be financial year rather than just a year? (april-april)

maybe give your bank a call, they should be able to tell you the code?

It was calendar year for me, I hit it at the end of November, so decided to simply wait it out (rather than get verified) until the New Year when it reset.

Back