Wanted Paul derailleur mounting/hanger bolt

ferrus

Breezer Fan
Feedback
View
I finally managed to find an affordable Paul Powerglide but it’s missing a couple of bits. Anyone have a hanger bolt going spare? (unlikely I know!)

Last edited:
Thanks, I’ve seen that. Strong is putting it politely! I only need the one bolt so £360 is way off my scale.
Oddly the seller has a complete used mech at a much more realistic price.

Couldn't you get one turned down from a larger bolt?

Or just get one machined up

I assume your only chance of finding one will be buying a trashed mech for spares or repaires, equally as unlikely as finding a bolt but even if you do.. it'll still be more expensive than getting one made.

edit- i've just had a closer look at them.. turning down an ultra low head cap screw could work, something like this if you can find something with the head dia large enough.. if you have to oversize, you could re-thread it, the only inportant part which is a pain to alter is the hex

Last edited:
Couldn't you get one turned down from a larger bolt?

Or just get one machined up

I assume your only chance of finding one will be buying a trashed mech for spares or repaires, equally as unlikely as finding a bolt but even if you do.. it'll still be more expensive than getting one made.
Yep, I’m in the process of attempting that at the mo’.
It’s a distinctive bolt without any bevel on the head so finding suitable candidates for the mod isn’t easy. But I’ve a customised Campag mech in the collection with a bolt that looks identical! …it’s too long though so needs chopping, turning down a bit and the thread extending.

Luckily these Paul mech’s are a primitive design and don’t have a proper sprung, pivoting action so perfect tolerance isn’t essential.
- would be nicer to find an original bolt though…

Latest posts

Back