Parkpre Team 925 singlespeed - frame restoration finished!

This looks very nice, I love the shine.

What did you do where the ti plate had come off with the rust? BBshell etc.

HarryCrumb":22el055w said:

Used a Dremel with firstly a wire brush attachment to remove the surface rust, then the Dremel again with a polishing pad and some compound to bring back the shine. To keep it shiny and rust free I use a good quality car polish.

REKIBorter":2coet59w said:
HarryCrumb":2coet59w said:

Used a Dremel with firstly a wire brush attachment to remove the surface rust, then the Dremel again with a polishing pad and some compound to bring back the shine. To keep it shiny and rust free I use a good quality car polish.

So you havn't laquered it? It's just polished steel?
I know when I stripped my pro825 it looked like a chrome finish! But i had a couple of dings and some pitting from rust so went down the paint route.

It looks very nice.

But I have a question. Won't polished steel rust over time? Don't you need to lacquer it to prevent this?

kerryn":12q6ul86 said:
It looks very nice.

But I have a question. Won't polished steel rust over time? Don't you need to lacquer it to prevent this?

The frame is Ti plated, the only places where rust can appear are where the plating has been chipped off.

So under the funny coloured laquer layer ( with the fake brushed steel effect) there is a plating? I sanded my frame down with fine wet n dry and i don't recall finding a plating layer. You sure it's not just polished steel, it is essentially a form stainless steel so won't rust very quickly. I'm confused now :?

Easy_Rider":2l50on0c said:
So under the funny coloured laquer layer ( with the fake brushed steel effect) there is a plating? I sanded my frame down with fine wet n dry and i don't recall finding a plating layer. You sure it's not just polished steel, it is essentially a form stainless steel so won't rust very quickly. I'm confused now :?

The brushed effect is the laquer, if you remove this with Nitromors you have a lovely smooth shiny layer underneath. On my Team 925 the plating has peeled off in areas like the back of the seat tube near the BB join. This can be poilished up but needs much more effort to get it to shine and stay shiny.

parkpre find

Hi, please tell me about this bike i just bought? Advertised as a parkpre team 925. It looks like its done less than 10 dryroad miles then stored in a heated garage. There is only one bit of surface rust on it a few mm across at bb.
Youtube link to video below
pm me for youtube link i havent got enough posts to submit url yet

Back