PARKPRE, Proelite TITANIUM 1994 **new pic p.8**

Magpiegifts":3jglbtu2 said:
That's smart!
These ti parkpre's ride like a dream, my one was the best hardtail I've ever ridden....

What worries me is the word ‘was’ :LOL: I could never sell a bike that rode the best. Im also really curious to get ride feedback on the OPs Ti fork.

M-Power":1eivrrwc said:
Magpiegifts":1eivrrwc said:
That's smart!
These ti parkpre's ride like a dream, my one was the best hardtail I've ever ridden....

What worries me is the word ‘was’ :LOL: I could never sell a bike that rode the best. Im also really curious to get ride feedback on the OPs Ti fork.
Sadly it was pinched out of the back of my jeep back in 97'!
Otherwise I would still be riding it .. :D

Re: Re:

M-Power":2cz04uj7 said:
Fantastic you still have this beauty :cool: Can you post a detailed ride report please ? :D How does the frame handle the twisty stuff, is the BB stiff when climbing or does the rear wheel break traction when the frame flexes under pedal load ? Is it stable descending at speed ? How does the Ti fork track with this frame when you ride ? Is the fork comfortable to ride or too flexy and is the braking solid or juddery with these powerful Avid Supreme brakes ? Lots of questions hope you don't mind.

Not seen this thread before and wish there were more like it these days. In many ways Ti frames just look better without all the ano :D

Thanks,

The Avids are just amazing! its not just a fancy innovative design thy also brake/modulate really well. I have another set of avid ultimate levers that are a bit more modern (1999) "two finger" design, i had them on and thy were a bit more powerful and a little less spongy in the fell. But in the end i liked the look off the more period correct 3 finger levers.

the forks seems like thy suite the geometry properly, the 1994 catalog;
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... mp;t=56081
says that the Elite is designed around a rigid fork, i tried 80mm and 100mm but thy felt odd - a 60mm might do fine, but i had this sweet Ti fork and feels proper, its rigidt and steers well

i must admit that's its been a while sinds i had it proper spin, im hoping that it will see some mud in the spring :D it hasn't been my main ride for a long time but i will give you a report after next ride.

Re: Re:

stinus":1j5s2gtt said:
M-Power":1j5s2gtt said:
Fantastic you still have this beauty :cool: Can you post a detailed ride report please ? :D How does the frame handle the twisty stuff, is the BB stiff when climbing or does the rear wheel break traction when the frame flexes under pedal load ? Is it stable descending at speed ? How does the Ti fork track with this frame when you ride ? Is the fork comfortable to ride or too flexy and is the braking solid or juddery with these powerful Avid Supreme brakes ? Lots of questions hope you don't mind.

Not seen this thread before and wish there were more like it these days. In many ways Ti frames just look better without all the ano :D

Thanks,

The Avids are just amazing! its not just a fancy innovative design thy also brake/modulate really well. I have another set of avid ultimate levers that are a bit more modern (1999) "two finger" design, i had them on and thy were a bit more powerful and a little less spongy in the fell. But in the end i liked the look off the more period correct 3 finger levers.

the forks seems like thy suite the geometry properly, the 1994 catalog;
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... mp;t=56081
says that the Elite is designed around a rigid fork, i tried 80mm and 100mm but thy felt odd - a 60mm might do fine, but i had this sweet Ti fork and feels proper, its rigidt and steers well

i must admit that's its been a while sinds i had it proper spin, im hoping that it will see some mud in the spring :D it hasn't been my main ride for a long time but i will give you a report after next ride.

Fantastic Stinus. Thats the kind of detail i like to know :) The fork has to work properly with the frame geometry or the handling will be off. I had a NOS set of these forks but sold them after someone was so desperate for them, so i never got to try them but they were not the correct geometry for my Ti frame. However they were for the new owner who had an earlier non sus corrected frame. I look forward to more detailed posts from you about this beauty :)

Sorry to hear that Magpiegifts.... That really upsets for a long time when it happens. Hope you find another for a good price :)

MP

Back