ParkPre 20" c-t BUT, Granniegear!

Re:

Well as we are talking about a certain seller I made a recent purchase for a very rare Marin part on eBay, the old guy bought this part in 1993 and was astounded that it was worth what I won it for. He actually said he thought it was worth maybe £5! I don't want you thinking I'm like that granniegear seller he said! .......

KDM":274am1hd said:
Does it matter who he is in here? You don't like his prices, don't buy from him?

I happily do not buy from him as his prices are well shady, but I'd happily not sell to him either.

Maybe it's just me but I don't like profiteers and splitters trying to milk a hobby I participate in. I see it as disrespectful. If anyone knows who he is on here feel free to pm me if you don't want to say in public. :LOL:

Re:

He's very approachable regarding prices. Take the bin with a pinch of salt and get in touch if he's something you want.

firedfromthecircus":1rm0is9v said:
KDM said:
Maybe it's just me but I don't like profiteers and splitters trying to milk a hobby I participate in. I see it as disrespectful.

Out of interest do you find record fairs and antiques markets or second hand car dealers as disrespectful?

IMO Retrobiking is a broad church and if someone wants to try to make a business out of it fair play to them.

secret_squirrel":e0fufd2m said:
Out of interest do you find record fairs and antiques markets or second hand car dealers as disrespectful?

IMO Retrobiking is a broad church and if someone wants to try to make a business out of it fair play to them.

You are entitled to your opinion Mr Squirrel, as am I. ;)

I think retrobiking is slightly different to selling used cars or antiques though. It's a far smaller pool of people, and I'd like to think that most folk involved are enthusiasts. Perhaps I just have some weird outdated notion that we are in it together and for the right reasons. Except I know it's not weird or outdated, because I have both given and received karma items from others in the hobby. There is nowt wrong with buying and selling but some folk just cross the line a bit for my liking. That's all.

Back