Paris/Roubaix travel help needed ??

Lazarus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Apologies if I am posting in the wrong place - feel free to move it to wherever :D

I am off to watch Paris-Roubaix in April, I was going to go with an 'organised trip' type thing but then they only had 'sharing' rooms left which I didn't want to do so I decided to organise it myself. I am flying to Brussels and then hoping to get the train or bus from there to Roubaix on the Saturday and then obviously the return journey on Sunday, is there anyone who has done this before and if so have you any hints/tips for a complete newbie, going on her own, never done this before but thought 'why the hell not' :shock: Is it easy, is it a nightmare? Flying to another airport wasn't an option at the time, hence me going to Charleroi in Brussels. Also in a bit of a panic for the return as I'll need to leave Roubaix about 6.30pm at the latest ... I'm hoping the podium ceremony will be done and dusted by then !!

Thanks, Karen.

Tel, if you read this, I'll reply to your PM this week :)

Re:

Karen you'll get info like that on the CTC (Cyclist Touring Club) site, if you dont want to sign on I can ask for you.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, any help would be appreciated !! Also, I'm not taking my bike so it's just me ... I'll maybe progress to that next year ;) .. though I'll plan it earlier and possibly go with an 'organised trip' ... we'll see how this one goes first :LOL:

Re:

Not sure about buses, but there is a regular (Eurostar and/or TGV) railway service between Brussels and Lille, then the Lille metro system runs out to Roubaix. It's a 5 minute walk from Lille Europe to the Metro station at Lille Flanders station.

Back