Parcel contents missing - forged signature

stevet1

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Okay so I'm pretty p1ssed off at the moment. Ordered a bike part online which was attempted to be delivered but I wasn't able to get to the door in time - when I got there only an empty packet had been posted through my letterbox with nowt but an invoice inside*. I informed the shop and today they have got back to me saying the courier service have proof I signed for it and have sent me a copy of a signature and are refusing to either refund or send a replacement. Now I know its not my signature but what the hell can I do about it? It was only a relatively small value item (£18 ) but I am p1ssed off that the courier firm / delivery driver are obviously committing fraud.

* the invoice had my full card details on including security number, start and end dates all visible. So thanks to that I had to cancel my card straight away and now don't have a bank card until another one turns up.

Report the retailer for a breach of the data protection act or at least threaten it. They are bound to protect details such as card information and could incurr a large fine for a breach like that.

Carl.

surely your argument is with the courier company?

the shop arre doing nothing wrong.... apart from the card details.

(~I know it won't be CR since their invoices have the card number partially blanked out - never come across havinf the 3 digit security number printed on anhy invoice)

hope you get it resolved.

Might be worth getting the police involved since this is clearly theft. If nothing else it might sharpen the couriers up a little.

Your contract is with the bike shop.
DONT DONT get into issues with the courier firm.Your contract is not with them.

The bike shop have a contract to supply if THEIR courier has not done so , then that is the bikes shops issue not yours.

Get onto your local ( to whom you pay your council tax too) trading standards and get them to earn their money.I have always had good service from them, and I'll bet by teh end of teh week you have your part.

DONT DONT go for teh courier. Waste of time...........

Thanks - will try trading standards on both issues. I'm pretty cheesed off that they have forged my signature and I have no proof it isn't mine. Where's CSI Merseyside when you need it.

Back