Panaracer - SMOKE / DART - Tyres... Where to Buy?

masha":1bxivg7f said:
Can you run two smokes okay f&r?

I only ask because I broke my wrist 7 years ago riding a friends bike fitted with a rear tyre up-front. I saw this old thread re. two dart fronts and I'm wondering if the same applies to using the smokes on the front.

of course, the smoke is NOT rear specific. The smoke came out well before the Dart ever existed, the dart is a front only tyres, the Smoke is a front or rear, preferably for me smoke on the front, smoke lite on the rear :)

Edit*...did you even read the thread, that is the whole point of it.

Re:

Thanks for that - I did a search for a related thread and only saw the last page, I didn't realise there were several pages :oops: thanks for your response and clearing that up though - appreciated.

haha, i just last night took off my smokes front and rear...they were getting pretty old (i think I put them on in 2011) and steel beaded (heavy) so put on some old light tyres (tubeless...but now with tubes) to do some road km's...ut I still have some kevlar ones to go later...

Re:

Sounds like a plan, and I expect the Kevlar's are much better all-round. I'm just trying to make a couple of matching pairs for a project at the moment (as I bought a bike with a black smoke and an amber wall dart and it just didn't look right). Good luck with yours

What's the tightness of the Smokes like? i.e. are they difficult to get on a rim? I've got Ritchey WCS rims and had major difficulty getting Charge Splashbacks on, so much so that I've ditched them.

depends, the steel beed ones should be fine, the kevlar ones should be a bit more hassle, but not much... I wouldn't think...but then won't know till you're halfway through...

606":168z0s2a said:
What's the tightness of the Smokes like? i.e. are they difficult to get on a rim? I've got Ritchey WCS rims and had major difficulty getting Charge Splashbacks on, so much so that I've ditched them.

That's a 'feature' of Splashbacks.

Re: Re:

masha":3vcmxy9q said:
Can you run two smokes okay f&r?

I only ask because I broke my wrist 7 years ago riding a friends bike fitted with a rear tyre up-front. I saw this old thread re. two dart fronts and I'm wondering if the same applies to using the smokes on the front.

100% yes Masha.

It was a very common set-up bitd to have Smoke's F&R - particularly on Klein's - I think I recall the original Attitude's coming out of Gary's place with Smoke's F&R. It's an excellent set-up and handle's very well indeed for a 25 year old tyre and design! Whilst the Smoke was mainly a rear tyre, it was also a very decent front tyre too.

I've never had an issue getting smokes on - the Kevlars in particular have alway been a doddle on Mavic rims. Easiest tyres I've ever put on.

Back