Pace rc200 headset?

stocko

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have an rc200 which currently has a Chris king headset fitted. I was advised on having mods done to it,but other than that what would be a good 1" threadless headset thats available?

What has others used??

I’m running a high end Cane creek in my F6.

I keep meaning to have a CK done by Dan but just never seem to get round to it. Plus now the CC has been on without issue I’m reluctant to mess about again.

If you look on the Pace FB group at all the cracked headtubes they usually have one thing in common and Dan talks a bit on there about the issues and process if nodding one

I can't offer much advice on 1 inch headsets but did have a pace with a 1 inch headset and ran a CK. I have had a few other bikes with 1 inch steerers and iirc used FSA or cane creek, possibly Richey too, all ahead.

What is this CK mod mentioned. Intrigued. My pace didn't crack so also interested in what causes them too.

I’m running a high end Cane creek in my F6.

I keep meaning to have a CK done by Dan but just never seem to get round to it. Plus now the CC has been on without issue I’m reluctant to mess about again.

If you look on the Pace FB group at all the cracked headtubes they usually have one thing in common and Dan talks a bit on there about the issues and process if nodding one
I have tried contacting dan but no reply yet

Back