Pace RC100 timeline

Revival post...
I'm currently restoring another rc100.

I have all the parts including the wheelsset to go with it which is great.

The next stage is the part which is probably the most enjoyable which is obviously picking the colour to paint it.

Last year I restored an rc100 and sent it to Argos to be sprayed and they did a pretty good job with the colour match. Choosing the grey with fluo yellow approach, the dark grey metallic they used pretty much matches the original paintwork of this new frame I have that I need to restore.

My question is, did pace ever release the RC100 with different colour schemes around the 1989 1990 time? I want to keep this period correct.

I see that there are bikes that are grey with standard yellow parts, bikes with grey with fluo yellow parts, polished versions and also black versions.

Re:

Mine's number 236 and has the holes for the chainsuck plate. Mine's also polished, can't find another to verify if this was normal. Even the magura mounts at the back are polished with black inlay which seems detailed if someone stripped it?

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_111636 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200715_111636 (2).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,949
Re: Re:

Most people just polished their frames after any welding repair work as a respray & stickers was another £100 or so from PACE. Lots of these frame cracked BITD. Yours looks to have had the top of the seat tube shortened. Using any type of shimmed seatpost would have invalidated your warranty back then also. Standard Pace silver colour was a Porsche colour. I stripped my magura mounts in a similar fashion years ago. The neon maguras are a later addition.
lukewheels":1pc0veuy said:
Mine's number 236 and has the holes for the chainsuck plate. Mine's also polished, can't find another to verify if this was normal. Even the magura mounts at the back are polished with black inlay which seems detailed if someone stripped it?

Re:

Just to add mine is 145 and doesn't have the mounts for the chain device so it seems that was dropped earlier than 151. Also I got some replacement decals from Pace in the mid 90's. In fact I had two sets at various times, and they definitely were not £100 as there is no way I would have paid that. I seem to recall they were around the £15 mark.

Re: Re:

gtturbo":3n0oqk8k said:
Just to add mine is 145 and doesn't have the mounts for the chain device so it seems that was dropped earlier than 151. Also I got some replacement decals from Pace in the mid 90's. In fact I had two sets at various times, and they definitely were not £100 as there is no way I would have paid that. I seem to recall they were around the £15 mark.

£100ish (Memory waning 25 years later) was a respray & stickers. Not just the stickers. I paid for the respray the first repair but didn't bother the next 2 times & just polished it up.
A bit of overlap with chain device occurred I believe. Early Shimano bikes were Biopace so wouldn't really work with the toothpicks.

Back