Pace RC100 for sale complete bike 19" frame NOW SOLD

alexb

Dirt Disciple
For sale: Pace RC100 complete

Complete bike for sale, includes first generation RC35 suspension forks (fitted with atmosphere balance kit, so restickered) and original 531 fork blades (with spare, threaded, 1"steerer, but no second fork crown).

Specs as follows:
Frame 19" measured bb centre to centre of top clamp
Forks 531 and RC35AB supplied
Stem: Pace 110mm (integrated into steerer tube)
Headset: Suntour XC (Pace modified)
Cranks: Bullseye 175mm (with Bullseye modified retention system)
Pace chainrings
Pedals: original 1st generation Shimano SPD
Handlebars: original Pace/Renthal with Onza Porky Paws handlebar grips
Seat post: (forgotten the brand!)
Saddle: Seller Italia Turbo
Brakes: Magura hydraulic with 2 finger lever conversion, Pace milled out clamp
Shifting: Shimano 6 spd thumbshifters (using secret 7 speed "click"
Front mech: Suntour XC Pro
Rear mech: missing, replaced with Shimano Acera
Chain: Sachs PC51
Wheels: front, Suntour XC Pro hub (with grease guard) laced 36 hole 3x to Mavic M231; rear, Hope titanium laced 36 hole 3x to Mavic 117SUP.
Sachs 12-28 7 speed screw-on freewheel
Tyres: Onza Rip and Rail (Kevlar bead)

I raced this a fair bit back in the day, then used it less and less. It's spent the last twenty years in the attic, but now I need to part with it.

It was my dream bike and I got a lot out of it. If you've never ridden an original Pace, the ride can only be described as "firm". Ridden hard, it comes alive and is easily the most enjoyable bike I've ever owned.

The paintwork is pretty tatty to be honest. The first generation Pace frames had problems with paint adhesion and I had a crud guard clamped to the rear triangle which also did the paint no favours.

A large stick did for the original rear mech, which is why there's a Shimano Acera rear mech fitted, but the drop out is straight and the bike shifts gear well.

The brakes need to be bled, but I'll include the Magura service kit which includes some replacement hydraulic fluid and all the parts and instructions required.

Wheels are straight and bearings are fine, tyres look very good with no cracks or degradation.

The original Bullseye cranks had a tendency to crack on the non-drive side and also the alpines wrote down where they ran on the bottom bracket bearings leading to loss of tolerance and sloppiness but were guaranteed for life.i returned the cranks to Bullseye for replacement of the left hand crank and repair to the bearing surface which is why they are mis-matched. The bearing surface was repaired rather crudely with a tig weld and then reground, but runs fine.
There is a Bullseye-fitted pre-load bolt to replace the original tab washer.

Bottom bracket bearings are press fit and could do with replacement, but are OK if regreased regularly.
Headset is worn and self-centres, but again, if greased, this goes away for the duration of a ride.
The forks are smooth, but have the original elastomers. I have a spare set of both grades which I'll include, together with the original 531 rigid fork blades and a spare threaded steerer. If you want a fork crown, Dave Yates has some knocking about.
Known defects: There's a cracked brake hose clamp, which still works, the worn headset bearings, the worn bottom bracket bearings, non-original rear mech, and one of the brake lever mounts is cracked, but still seems fine(is ridden it for about 2 years like that with no issues).

£700 sounds about right.
Let me know if you want anything in particular photographed

Re: Pace RC100 for sale complete bike 17" frame

Looking forward to the pictures.. Although to small for me unfortunately.. But a bike I would like to definitely own one day...Good luck with sale..:)

Re:

I remeasured it, I had the size wrong. Very sorry for the confusion.
It's 19" from BB centre to the centre of the seatpost clamp.

It's a long, low frame. I'm 6'2"and it never felt small to me.
Frame top tube is 58cm centre to centre, about 60cm horizontal.

Re: Pace RC100 for sale complete bike 17" frame

looks big for a 17.

Re:

Can someone drop me a hint as to how to post images hosted on photobucket?
Not getting it right at all!

Back