Pace racing RC36 question

Re:

Grease coming out of the vent holes is a standard occurrence, particularly in hot weather, if the damper is leaking(likely if the seals have not been replaced for 12mnths) then the muck coming out on the rh side will be wetter! You can tell by the dirtiness of the grease wether a service is required.
The 'PACE' cap on top of the left leg does nothing but close the stanchion top- be careful with it, they are rocking horse now. The stanchions are Loctited into the crown sockets as a belt/braces thing.
There is a single spring in each leg held on a skewer rod by an acetal Spring guide, into which the dropout bolts screw to hold the carbons on.
If you are thinking of stripping the fork be really careful with the acetal damper body in the rh stanchion, they are also rocking horse!

Re:

Good to know, thanks

Alternatively, if you don't know what you're doing, give it to someone who does...

Re:

They're really not difficult to work on if you're slightly mechanically inclined.
If you post up a picture of the forks I'm sure someone can identify the specific model/year, and from that you'll be able to get hold of the Users/Technical manual for the fork which should tell you everything you need to know.

I usually go by the old addage "if it ain't broke.. ", but as they've been sat around for years I see no harm in removing the lowers to inspect and re-grease the internals.

If you really don't fancy it, then I believe Pace still service their older forks (someone correct me if I'm wrong?).

Cheers,

I'm usually pretty handy with bikes, cars, electronics etc so will have a go.

I don't have any hosting site to put a pic on but they're the same as in this link http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/files/img_1139_862.jpg

Grease coming out seems only slightly darker than the pace grease I was given with the forks.

If seals need replacing are these standard items or something specific to pace/this fork?

justbackdated - do you still have threadless steerers? if so how much shipped approx (slovakia)?

Re:

I have ahead 1 1/8" steel steerers back in stock soon, just sold last one on the 'bay.
I have threaded steel in 1 1/8" and I have 1" ahead in alloy and steel and 1" threaded steel.
Also can do seal kits.

Back