Pace frame

Spotted this, but I wasn’t sure what the problem is? Anyone any wiser?

Just looked again... the down tube.. have you checked with Super Dan?

Re:

Seat tube hasn't been cut, the bolt on clamp is zip tied to the top tube in the pictures. Hard to see the damage properly but looks like common impact damage caused by the down tube clamp on a roof mounted bike rack. Or being reversed over by a car? No real damage to the anodizing in that area apart from a few light scratches.

Past a wall hanger, I think I'd leave it where it is.

This is just the type of thing stickers are for :D

Some minor bump on the down tube next to the bb, so you buy it, build it and whats the worst that can happen ?

Certainly its not going to disintegrate and pitch you towards a fractured skull, at worst the area might crack.
So the occasional outing, but dont ride it like its a DH monster, no need to wobble, straining at the pedals.

Were it mine I could wrap that area in epoxy soaked carbon fiber cloth and use my vacuum laminating kit to clamp it tighter than a ducks bum, which is waterproof incidentally. 8 tons square meter is going to bind it to that tube and it aint coming off.

Re: Re:

fettler":1tug94d2 said:
Past a wall hanger, I think I'd leave it where it is.

Yeah, add repair (if possible) cost on top of current purchase price and you're probably in the ballpark of buying a decent condition frame.
Shame really....

Back