Overpriced(?) Kilauea

Not a bad looking bike despite it being a generic white respray (edit* not a respray!) kona with a dork disc and random mismatched ano. Whip off that stuff, the saddle, pedals, brake blocks and it'd be decent IMO. It is pretty clean...

125 frame
100 fork
60 brakes
40 bars
30 Sti
75 wheels
30 mechs
25 saddle
20 bar ends
20 Qr's (x-lite?)
20 stem
20 seat post
30 cranks

Pricing probably a little off however I reckon this must be close to a £575 build

Last edited:
How about a slightly later, slightly rusty frame for £400, it's been for sale for a couple of years and counting.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
How about a slightly later, slightly rusty frame for £400, it's been for sale for a couple of years and counting.

GITD decals 'tho...they shave off a few ounces and add a few Kp/h on the top end...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've been watching for a Kileaua or Explosif for a while and doesn't look a lot over the odds to me. Frame with P2s surely 250 for starters.
This one's too big (and I don't like white!).

Not a bad looking bike despite it being a generic white respray kona with a dork disc and random mismatched ano. Whip off that stuff, the saddle, pedals, brake blocks and it'd be decent IMO. It is pretty clean...

125 frame
100 fork
60 brakes
40 bars
30 Sti
75 wheels
30 mechs
25 saddle
20 bar ends
20 Qr's (x-lite?)
20 stem
20 seat post
30 cranks

Pricing probably a little off however I reckon this must be close to a £575 build

So realistically as a full build its worth about £400 on a good day and most likely you'd struggle to pull £350 in this market.

This is an original 1995 20" Kilauea, a beauty too by the looks. The original and much copied white Kona!

Back