OVERBURYS WILDCAT FOR SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys are new to this site, doing something positive, offering a desirable bike to the biggest group of people who might have a chance even to have heard of an overburys and this is the welcome they get.

I'm sure they know how best to optimise the input of time and money for their project. If they're focussing on low end stuff for the benefit of the environment and getting people cycling then would the new owner of this bike really want them to do the work? I expect they will prefer to choose and source components themselves and know the quality of workmanship.

If it's overpriced overburys they'll soon drop the price and whatever they get for it goes to a good cause.

Retrobike is a broad church and could be great resource for a project like this, and I really hope they don't turn their back on us.

To cycle:recycle: for what its worth I don't think the response you've got has been typical of this site.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ll&start=0

I'ne never seen a Wildcat before - must be rarer than a Pioneer methinks, but only of real value to those wanting a his'n'hers set!

It still surprises/saddens me how little information has come together re. the Overbury's brand considering their locality. Maybe now the shop has closed the Powell family might like to share a definitive history - who's up for that bit of research? Any west country people??

BTW The Cycle Recycle bunch are sound guys - give them a chance to find their feet here and I'm sure they'll be turning up the good stuff and bringing it here first and the 'right' price...! ;-)

Attachments

• overbury_120.jpg
    overbury_120.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,303
jaypee":1hvyga9e said:
Retrobike is a broad church and could be great resource for a project like this, and I really hope they don't turn their back on us.

To cycle:recycle: for what its worth I don't think the response you've got has been typical of this site.

Yep, already met some nice folk on here virtually and will be meeting more in the flesh soon enough.
Been in the online game for a while now so don't take offence to negative criticism anymore, it's not worth the energy

Thanks for all the Positive Comments

I don't think there has been anything negative, if anything i feel it's been sound advice to help the cause your running because most believe in it

Overburys is a bit like Zinn I feel with so few knowing of them and their british history

Its a nice frame with a desirable M700 Deerhead partial groupset (from a quick look) - personally, the asking price isnt that bad if the bike was clean, polished and ready to ride.

Fix, Clean and Make Good on the Overbury's Wildcat

legrandefromage":k0vu5wyx said:
Its a nice frame with a desirable M700 Deerhead partial groupset (from a quick look) - personally, the asking price isnt that bad if the bike was clean, polished and ready to ride.

Thanks for that and you're right on the M700 Deer Head groupset, very nice and rare. Friction Shifters are in GC as is the chainset and most other components.

I'll chat to the guys and say about potentially doing a full strip and rebuild and replacing the bars then banging it back up on here.

As I see you have much knowledge from previous posts you've made and like I said before we could sell the Overburys as is for less than the price of £550, open to offers but as yet no one's made any :(

I'll be posting some images of other cycles up soon, some of which we are unsure of manufacturer/builder/origin so if anyone can help that'd be useful.

As we are quite new is there a thread for:
"What the heck's this bike or similar??"

Many thanks again for ALL the feedback on the Overbury's Wildcat

If it's any help as a price guide, for you and any offers...

I paid £250 eBay, as the only bidder on a slightly older, but similar condition 1985 Overbury's Crossfell last year.
New saddle, tyres and grips, no other restoration work:
adf300b8.jpg

Yours looks to be 1986-7 ish spec, with a missing link mix of transfers. The newer vinyl cut downtube name (but in a non-standard font), combined with the Bristol headbadges and the older Cheltenham font printed vinyl model name badges. As has been said, although a Puma/Wildcat is definitely rarer, it has less attraction, as it's built for a shorter rider. But then again it does have the fillet brazing of the later frames, like the Pioneer, rather than the cheap Haden lugs of the Cross Fell.

All the best,

Re: Fix, Clean and Make Good on the Overbury's Wildcat

Cycle:Recycle":qmilgrd6 said:
I said before we could sell the Overburys as is for less than the price of £550, open to offers but as yet no one's made any :(

People won't bother putting in an offer because it would have to be so much lower than your original price.

It's nice, and as a short arse myself I was (am) interested, but I'd have offered a good few hundred less than £550 so I didn't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back