Overburys Pioneer 1990

Re: Overburys Pioneer 1990 / replacement headset & BB

Amazing job. I've just joined the forum and realising I could get lost in here for many hours... I have a couple of old Overbury's which were made for me and my brother when we raced for them back in the late 80s and early 90s. They need some TLC, but they still ride well and fast. Seat post on mine is also 26.8.
A quick question: can anyone advise on replacement headset size for a Pioneer (can't remember if it's 1" or 1 1/8" - we used to put on Shimano 600 or 105 road headsets and it has a 105 on there right now) and same for replacement bottom bracket spec (it has an XT bottom bracket on there at the moment). Thanks in anticipation.

Re:

Blimey, coming up for a year on this.

I've made some progress today, finally. Back brake installed and cabled up.

Front next, then gears.

Home straight!

I have just been re-reading the this thread and in your pics of the newly-painted frame it looks as though the seat tube is ovalised at the BB end - is it, or is it just the photo? I know that, following the release of Columbus MAX, framebuilders were themselves starting to experiment with this kind of thing. Was this one of those frames, or is it just a trick of the light?

Nah, not ovalised, just a trick of the light. Did the front brake tonight, and the chain.

Gears to go, and that won't take long with thumbies, then it's done

Looking forward to seeing this one Nick :)

Just about finished for now!

Better pics later if the weather picks up

Attachments

• IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 411
Back