Orbit Romany - Columbus Nivacrom

That looks very capable.
Yep. That's what I've been trying to achieve. I know that there is no such thing as a perfect bike but I've tried to combine a sturdy touring bike with the feel of a hardtail MTB. It's not easy to do but I think this will suit my needs as I no longer ride on our roads.

Bar the cars, most of them are like gravel tracks anyway !

Yep. That's what I've been trying to achieve. I know that there is no such thing as a perfect bike but I've tried to combine a sturdy touring bike with the feel of a hardtail MTB. It's not easy to do but I think this will suit my needs as I no longer ride on our roads.

Bar the cars, most of them are like gravel tracks anyway !
I ride a Carrera crosser off road, when it's lumpy it beats the crap out of you. Seems to work for a high percentage of the time though.

Another very capable bike by the look of it.

A few nice touches going on there, Carradice bar bag, Brooks B17.

Quite the haulier, goodness, you could move house with that.
Thanks, It's a great bike. I've done a lot of miles on it. Came with 8 speed Claris which was fine. I like the new STI without the washing line though, so fitted 9 speed Sora. I sold the bar bag as it affected the handling adversely. I fitted slightly better wheels because the others wore out and fitted different bars. One of my favourite bikes. Randonneur can move house :)

Hellingly1.jpg

The frame still needs a deep polish but that can wait until the spring.

I need to find out the grade of hub oil that the Goldtec XC rear hub takes.

There's very limited info out there, but, although I have a picture of the relevant bottle, when I zoom in, it blurs too much.

If anyone can assist with that, I'd be very grateful.

The frame still needs a deep polish but that can wait until the spring.

I need to find out the grade of hub oil that the Goldtec XC rear hub takes.

There's very limited info out there, but, although I have a picture of the relevant bottle, when I zoom in, it blurs too much.

If anyone can assist with that, I'd be very grateful.
Can't help with the oil sadly. The paint looks really good in the pictures. How do you find the platform pedals? I was considering a pair for touring so I didn't have to faff with clips and straps.

Can't help with the oil sadly. The paint looks really good in the pictures. How do you find the platform pedals? I was considering a pair for touring so I didn't have to faff with clips and straps.
Thanks.

Always pinned platforms for me, they're very grippy and suit my wide feet.

I've just got this particular set. They are very light with sealed bearings. Given the riding I do and where I do it, canal towpaths and rough tracks, they're ideal.

Back