Orange VIT T2

Aye - they did a good job on it at great price. Plan to be gentle with it. Been a bugger getting a correct shim for it. The one on it is a tad small for my liking & kept slipping at the max torque I was willing to apply but the next shim up won't fit. I've added a coke-can shim all the way round & it now tightens up lovely with a reasonable level of torque.

The stem seems to be a very close resemblance to the original. I have one on my t2, also one on my vitamin t, but i don't think they were around at that time. Ali stalk seemed to be the stem for the early ti's, but i could'nt find one in a 1/1/8th.

Did the ti stem come with a small ti cap to protect the top bolt?

The more subdued look is perfect. All goes well together. Really approve of the saddle. Overall you’ve done a cracking job Ross :)

emjay":1w1oqidf said:
Did the ti stem come with a small ti cap to protect the top bolt?

Aye - cap & bolt also Ti.

file.php

rwm1962":25u7vwff said:
Also put on some smoother tyres as this is the bike I'll be using if riding on lanes & roads.

I shouldn't be telling you this as i'm after another pair but i think the michelin sprint is a great tyre to have for lanes and roads, it sets off the ti fame off to a T (excuse the pun) and it has very little rolling resistance, plus its RETRO!
They also did them in hens tooth black with gumwalls. :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• green sprint.jpg
    green sprint.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 146
Re:

Looks good Ross. :cool:

That's quite a weight loss too! Glad that the Orange Ti saddle has finally found a home that suits it best.
Can I also mention.... Scrat in NZ Karma'd that saddle to me, so it was only right as I wasn't using it, that I Karma'd it on to another Orange fan.

Keep up the good work mate!

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Looks great. One of these came up on eBay in an auction at the weekend. I was *really* interested until it went above £1000. Sold for £1800, to be fair it was mint, but not even XTR

After the weld that was on it when I got it cracked again, it has been rewelded by my local welder, He only welds Ti & wasn't too complimentary of the previous weld. As it had to be stripped & rebuilt I took the opportunity for a few changes - ditched the sunset/XT wheels's in favour of Hinde built Mavic 231's on Hope Ti hubs with much lighter IRC Dragon Scale tyres. Also swapped out the Onza bar-ends for the much lighter gunsmoke Orange 55's. The Orange SK8 Ti decal on the stem is still a deceit but now accurate - it is a ti stem but not the Orange one. Also swapped out the cheap modern cassette for a XT M737 one. Weight down to 19.8lb.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg

Updated 26/3/23 - pics next page
Fork: Orange F9
Headset: Ritchey Logic
Stem: Titanium (no name) with Orange Ti decal
Handlebar: X-Lite Titanium
Grips: Ritchey
Barends: Orange 55

Brakes: Pauls Moto Lite
Brake Levers: Pauls Compact Love

Shifters: Shimano M740
Front Derailleur: Shimano M737