Orange VIT T2

Cheers! Looking forward to getting some miles in on this. Hoping the weld holds up. If not it will become a wall hanging & the parts moved to a less brittle Orange!

rwm1962":1tzce1eu said:
Cheers! Looking forward to getting some miles in on this. Hoping the weld holds up. If not it will become a wall hanging & the parts moved to a less brittle Orange!

I suspect the welds will hold, providing you don't do any serious mountain biking, half pipes or jumps. Light riding should hold up just fine. Looks sweet the bike.. glad its been used. :cool:

Aye - sponsored by Skittles.

skittle.jpg

What size seat post does the VIT T2 take, and anyone know what the longest period correct seat post available would be, I know Syncros made a very long post back in the day.

fattiman":1h7svns1 said:
What size seat post does the VIT T2 take, and anyone know what the longest period correct seat post available would be, I know Syncros made a very long post back in the day.

I'll let someone else answer that. I've got a 28.2mm shim in there. The seat tube was repaired & has a tiny 'step' in the circumference at the weld. I couldn't get the old shim in with the seat post after the repair so went a touch smaller & padded out the step with a coke can shim.

ishay":kcc996cl said:
Oh my, that’s perfect. This is on the list to be sourced at some point!

Thanks! It's actually due to be de-Skittled a bit, along with a bit of weight loss.

Given the bike a bit of a makeover that's toned it down & lightened it up. Some of the old parts on it are best suited to other builds. Got the Orange saddle karma'd from boy"O"boy so well chuffed. Added Ti stem, bars & seatpost. The stem is unbranded but now wears an Orange Ti decal as a mild deceit. Also 'upgraded' to V-brakes & replaced the headset which was borderline when I got it. Dropped 2.7lb off the weight. Also put on some smoother tyres as this is the bike I'll be using if riding on lanes & roads. I'm planning Hope Ti hubs at some point & maybe an XT cassette.

001.jpg
002.jpg
003 (1).jpg
004.jpg 006.jpg
005.jpg
007.jpg 008.jpg
Frame: 19" Frame number : A312xxxxx (Dec 1993 Build)

Fork: Orange F9
Headset: Ritchey Logic
Stem: Titanium (no name) with Orange Ti decal
Handlebar: X-Lite Titanium
Grips: Ritchey
Barends: Onza

Brakes: Shimano XT M739
Brake Levers: Shimano XT M739

Shifters: Shimano M740
Front Derailleur: Shimano M737
Rear Derailleur: Shimano M739
Cassette: Shimano 8 speed 11-34T HG1
Chain: KMC
Cranks/Chainrings: Girvin (Sugino)
Bottom Bracket: Unknown (new)

Pedals: VP Components

Hub Skewers: Halo lock-ons
Rims: Mavic 217 SUP Sunset
Hubs: Shimano XT737

Saddle: Orange ti-railed
Seatpost: USE Titanium
Seatpost Clamp Bolt: Ringle

Bottle Cage: Tranz

Weight: lb 21.8lbs

Last edited:
I quite like the fix.

By the way nice saddle! I have a penchant for ti on my derriere.

Attachments

• vit feld.jpg
    vit feld.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 98
Back