Orange vit T frame pretending to be a t2. Stupid price.

Re: Re:

MatBH5":1osnusmf said:
I think it's this one, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201153922667 which isn't YorkshireTea's...

Correct. Apologies for not posting a link.

dyna-ti":1osnusmf said:
An apology not in order then ?.

Not sure I have anyone to apologise to .... yet ;)

If the other ebay seller turns up I'll happily compare my late model Vit T serial with theirs - would be interesting to put together a mini-timeline for the site. Allegedly mines a late batch warrantee replacement - bloke off the internet I never met told me. I would also note the the "factory fitted" RC35's are correct for a 93/94 Vit T

I also stand by my claim that the one we are talking about isn't a 15". As best I can tell (95% certain) it has identical geometry to my 17"-er.

And £750 is a wildly optomist BIN in todays climate - especially for a small frame - which expectations aside - can have trouble selling at the best of times. It could be signed by Lester Noble or Steve Ward themselves and it would struggle to reach £4-500.

YorkshireTea":1osnusmf said:
I can provide the frame number if anyone is interested. All I ask is that I am treated like a human being and not subjected to online ridicule. It's easy to mock someone from behind a keyboard and shows a lack of class from all involved.
Regarding the price, I paid a lot of money for this bike from a Gold trader on here who was looking for a lot more. The bike is 15" and is very rare which is why I agreed to pay what I did. It's not a T1, nor is it 17".
There is no "usual value" associated with such a bike as it's not often these come up for sale in this size/spec/condition. If you dont agree with a value then that's just you're opinion, it doesn't make it a fact. You are just 1 person on this planet of billions of souls.

Totally true (though bear in mind the same applies to you), and I hope you stick around on the site after this episode - we may get catty occasionally but I've met some great people through this site and hope to continue to do so.....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yorkshire Tea":2cjjpree said:
I can provide the frame number if anyone is interested. All I ask is that I am treated like a human being and not subjected to online ridicule. It's easy to mock someone from behind a keyboard and shows a lack of class from all involved.
Regarding the price, I paid a lot of money for this bike from a Gold trader on here who was looking for a lot more. The bike is 15" and is very rare which is why I agreed to pay what I did. It's not a T1, nor is it 17".
There is no "usual value" associated with such a bike as it's not often these come up for sale in this size/spec/condition. If you dont agree with a value then that's just you're opinion, it doesn't make it a fact. You are just 1 person on this planet of billions of souls.

No one is having a go, they are stating an opinion. My opinion comes from having had a Vit in at least as good, if not better condition, in a rare size and knowing what I bought it for and what I sold it for. My opinion is also based on wanting another so keeping an eye on the Vitamin T market and the price they usually trade for. Being a 'rare' size actually dents the value as you have a smaller market to aim at.

When all's said and done you can list it for what ever you want and you might get a buyer. I hope you do but there's a reason why it has not sold yet and part of that reason is that for the most part the people who are willing to spend so much on old bikes already have an interest and will be aware that you are pitching this at way above what they often go for. This is the ebay section, not the for sale section so auctions that are seen to be over priced are often flagged up.

Re:

Oh, and for the record it looks like a 15" to me and I have no reason to believe it's not a Vit2, even though it does not share all the features of most Vit2's. As mention, Orange had a habit of changing design on their bikes during a production run.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":13ipuf24 said:
Oh, and for the record it looks like a 15" to me and I have no reason to believe it's not a Vit2, even though it does not share all the features of most Vit2's. As mention, Orange had a habit of changing design on their bikes during a production run.

That's a fair comment - I guess to me the iconic T2 will always have wishbone rear stays and anything else just doesn't cut it in my eyes good job the internet is big enough for lots of opinions.

Still not convinced its 15" - Want to buy it now just to measure it :D I wonder if wife want a Ti bike?

So any interest in a Vit T/T2 timeline serial number thread?

Re:

For the record, the seller of this frame, 'Shooshbike', also has a RM Thin Air frame for sale that he's had for absolutely ages. It was up at £95 for a while, and I asked questions, he got shirty with me straight away (did he have any more pics of chainstay damage, had canti bridge been sawn off on back, etc)

He's a know it all prat in my humble opinion, and why he doesn't realise he never sells anything due to his daft prices, I don't know.... :facepalm:

Re:

He could also do with some photography lessons - backlit/silhouetted shots don't really help to sell a product!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back