ORANGE P7 ID info help please

Rebikecumbria

Retro Guru
any orange fans or knowledge heads got any year and info on this lovely old green p7
frame number on bb is A2033701

muchos thankos

Attachments

• P1110244.JPG
    P1110244.JPG
    595.9 KB · Views: 27
  • P1110245.JPG
    P1110245.JPG
    486.9 KB · Views: 28
  • P1110247.JPG
    P1110247.JPG
    538.9 KB · Views: 24
  • P1110248.JPG
    P1110248.JPG
    534.7 KB · Views: 27
  • P1110249.JPG
    P1110249.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 27
March 92 from frame number. Rear facing seatpost slot also dates as (I think) pre 96

Slime Green seems a strange colour for such an early frame

Not sure the decals are right either, so might be a respray - possibly factory.

Last edited:
thanks for that great info

yeh i thought it was early 90s - def seems like legit orange factory paint job and not diy resprayed, u can tell by eye and the paint bevel and cover is exactly the same as other oranges i ve seen in the flesh

yeh p7 decals seems to have been slightly damaged or rubbed out of position

also slight paint fade/rubbing from age/use on top tube aswell

any ideas on a roundabout ball park valuation

1992 pre-dates the P7 so might be a Prestige maybe?

It's got the triangular hole in the rear canti stop which I think only Prestiges had.

Might have gone back for a respray after Orange had ran out of Prestige decals.

It does look in great nick - as I said, probably a factory respray - but also looks quite small. Colour may be offputting for someone looking for originality. Orange may have history on the frame number if you give them a call, they are pretty friendly.

I think the upper end of £50-£75 is what I'd offer (if I was buying) as its a great steel frame - and looks very much like a prestige.

The canti stop like that was also on P7 in 1994-96. However, they didn't have the double thickness at the top of the seat tube. It looks resprayed and re-stickered, the frame number tells all.

spoke to orange and they said they dont have any records before about 98 on the system, so thats a shame i ve rang them before about bikes from early 2000s to recent stuff and always got good info from them

March 92 from frame number. Rear facing seatpost slot also dates as (I think) pre 96

Slime Green seems a strange colour for such an early frame

Not sure the decals are right either, so might be a respray - possibly factory.
are you 99% sure on age from frame number as orange couldnt help
and how did u know just mainly for reference for in future as well
is it certain numbers and combos

It's almost certainly a Prestige, which in itself dates it. In terms of the frame number Look at the first 4 characters

A2033701

A - made by APro
2 - the year (90's) ie 9X
03 - the month

Back