Orange P7 2010

retroJIM

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hello everyone,

I've decided to get back into cycling and thought it would be fun to build a bike from scratch.

I've always liked Orange Mountain Bikes, so I picked up an Orange P7 frame for £50 on eBay. I had it powder coated in RAL 7015 'Slate Grey' and got some new decals.

The forks are Nukeproof Carbon also from eBay, I lightly sanded off the yellow decals and applied a coat of lacquer.

The Stem is an Orange Stalk+ from eBay.
The Truvati cranks and Shimano Deore groupset are from a donor bike from 2009.

The remaining parts I bought new. Raceface bars and Post, DMR Pedals, SDG Saddle and specialized armadillo tyres.

All in I've spent about £350 and I'm quite pleased with the results.

Attachments

• P7 Front.jpg
    P7 Front.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 917
  • P7 Side.jpg
    P7 Side.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 915
There's nowt like a new bike to get you back out on the trails looks great and a very reasonable build cost to boot

Great bike and looks fun to ride.

Am interested in how the forks feel out on the trail.

Mark

Re:

I used to have a 2009 P7 and it was a great bike with rigid carbon forks on it (Pace RC31), I like what you've done with the colour, makes sense to buy a cheap frame and customise it to your liking, hope you get many miles on it over the summer :)

Cheers all, I actually wanted Pace PC31's but couldn't find any at the right price. I think I'll have to change the forks at some point. The steerer is a little too short and I'd like to raise the stem a little.

Back