Orange P7 1996ish

Timmy":7a2cvk88 said:
wow that P7 is quality! Nice job, how much you spend? (hope you dont mind me asking?)

For mine, it's hard to say, it hit the wallet hard! :shock: Well over £300, maybe more! You could do it for less though, the Syncros stem was £40 alone.. :roll:

The nickel plated Orange frames looked real sweet when new, but boy do they look rough when the lacquer starts to come off. :shock:

cherrybomb":1ctpwz05 said:
I should be picking my Clockwork up tomorrow after a satin black powder coat treatment.

It's ended up costing me nothing too! The powder coaters stuffed up and I'm getting it done gratis.

I've got another frame to go to them now as well. Wonder if that one will be as cheap?

Both the P7's are lovely bikes, seems black is the new orange. Um?

I can't wait to see the results, what style of decals are you going for?

I thnk black is definetly the way forward, a bit like white with konas! :D

I've gone the genuine Orange decal route, which has meant the new style.
I kind of worked on the logic of that's what would have happened if I'd sent it to Orange for refinishing.

It's going to be an 'interesting' build too, so I think the new style decals will suit it. ;)

Orange

I was going to do my P7 in white with black decals at first - I wanted it to look like an On One - but I went for black when I realised that was its original colour.

Do you like this one? - my '00 ev02, started out in life black, gorgeous, started corroding, so I did this to it -

28072007073.jpg

Check the canti bosses, I do love chopping my bikes up.

OrangeRetro":1l4rf5lc said:
Timmy":1l4rf5lc said:
wow that P7 is quality! Nice job, how much you spend? (hope you dont mind me asking?)

For mine, it's hard to say, it hit the wallet hard! :shock: Well over £300, maybe more! You could do it for less though, the Syncros stem was £40 alone.. :roll:

That seems reasonable value to me considering you now have a mint condition classic...

I want to do my P7 up but i dont think I have the patience to source all the bits, are you really looking hard for the parts or are they easy to find?

The parts are easy enough to find on ebay and through this site. It took about 3 months from start to finish. Half the fun is finding the parts.. ;)

Back