Orange Formula for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Very early orange prestige

Thanks for your understanding guys, in regards to pricing just for the record I have been offered considerably more via PM, which is why I need to go away and think how I can offer the bike for sale in a fair way.

KDM":2fewyiqk said:
Would agree with Brock. Even at the first price qouted, I would expect, paint, wheels and almost every bit of kit to be replaced to make it be the top of it's game which this deserves and that is likely to triple the initial cost. This will be a labour of love as you are more likely to spend more than it is worth.

Research it properly, understand you have a dog but with great bones and be careful about pricing, we've seen many on ebay and in here that ask too much and never sell.

Someone will be happy with this so glws when it happens.

Would agree... will need a lot of time, patience and funds. Also the stress of ensuring it is carefully restored, in order not to so easily ruin it..And obviously seeking as much guidance and advise on it as possible.. Still I take heart to Coleman's fantastic restoration.. :)

Re: Re:

MatBH5":x1par4rt said:
Let me know what you decide. Thanks
(edit : Supposed to be a pm - sorry - not meant to sound like a complete moaner!)
Good luck whatever and I'm just glad this has shown up and obviously was a bit excited all night - I even had a dream about this frame and the great and good of Retribike showed up for an in person silent auction - I think it went for £751 if that helps.
Does anyone else dream of old bikes?!

:D I dream of old bikes. :facepalm: ,
Certainly caused a stir this one, very exciting having such a rare gem come up...Whatever happens, have enjoyed this thread & look forward to developments :cool:

Re:

A 99p ebay start letting the auction run to the end if defo the fairest way and also the best to find out the market value. As it's probably a one off any estimates are just that.

Nothing wrong with a private sale either though. Sellers privilege and all that.

Either way the most important thing is that it stays on here and the buyer does a detailed thread showing us exactly what goes on with the resto. :cool:

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":ugu2p492 said:
A 99p ebay start letting the auction run to the end if defo the fairest way and also the best to find out the market value. As it's probably a one off any estimates are just that.

Nothing wrong with a private sale either though. Sellers privilege and all that.

Either way the most important thing is that it stays on here and the buyer does a detailed thread showing us exactly what goes on with the resto. :cool:

I totally agree... I would definitely like to see a comprehensive build thread on it.. :D

I wonder if it would be worth sending a polite email, with plenty of pics to Dave Yates and ask him if this is one of his, possibly also the same to Orange asking if they also could supply any additional info? The key pictures would be a frame number if any, lugs, you know the ones they need.

KDM":gun7qntt said:
I wonder if it would be worth sending a polite email, with plenty of pics to Dave Yates and ask him if this is one of his, possibly also the same to Orange asking if they also could supply any additional info? The key pictures would be a frame number if any, lugs, you know the ones they need.

Yep your quite right, a good source would be Dave Yates...not sure about Orange looking at past threads, they don't appear to know a great deal of the early stuff.. Fattiman has said he will put it up for sale when more info is present... It certainly appears that serious money is going to be parted here, given that there was more than one offer presented, including myself in this... as a guess, I reckon there's no frame number also.. all very intriguing, and have enjoyed the buzz of this thread/sale! :cool:

Re:

Love the look of this early O, 86/87 or im guessing. Hope it stays on RB for the build thread :)

fattiman":2assmvs3 said:
Looking for £600

Can I ask are you the Original owner |(Mike...?) Or have you bought this recently...?

KDM":3eglrp8h said:

Its a TWG/Yates. You might also struggle with info from Orange perhaps more so now the company has sold to Ashley Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back