Orange Formula for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Very early orange prestige

...Orange are the Last of a special Era, and this is as close as it gets to that Era's beginning...!!!

I like this but cant justify a fourth brit build

Seem to remember Sinnerman posting an image of this same bike back in 2012, loving the super rare one piece bar & stem combo.

RBG

sinnerman":4mlzpcfx said:
...Orange are the Last of a special Era, and this is as close as it gets to that Era's beginning...!!!

Care to elaborate a bit more ? After finding this old thread, would I be right in saying this might be, as suggested, a dave yates orange?

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=316945

O/P, when you bought it what were you told/thought, you were buying

Re:

Wow, I had no idea what this bike was, I will put the sale on hold until I can establish exactly what it is and what it is worth - I may even put it on ebay to be fair to all the interested parties that sent private messages.

Re:

Let me know what you decide. Thanks
(edit : Supposed to be a pm - sorry - not meant to sound like a complete moaner!)
Good luck whatever and I'm just glad this has shown up and obviously was a bit excited all night - I even had a dream about this frame and the great and good of Retribike showed up for an in person silent auction - I think it went for £751 if that helps.
Does anyone else dream of old bikes?!

Re:

Speaking as someone who is not in the running to buy it I'd say you've got the price about right. It's going to take lots of love and lots of cash to do that justice. It'll be the star of 2017 if done properly though.

Re:

Hi there :D

Yes I think you've hit the Jack pot on this one! Your post seems very fair, perhaps eBay is the fair way of dealing with this... Clearly you have the Orange fans attention! Anyway what ever you decide to do, if you could keep me in the loop, so I have a fair chance also, as I feel I could do a very good retro job on this..that would be much appreciated.. :cool: .. look forward to more developments on this thread.. :)

Cheers

Calum :D

Would agree with Brock. Even at the first price qouted, I would expect, paint, wheels and almost every bit of kit to be replaced to make it be the top of it's game which this deserves and that is likely to triple the initial cost. This will be a labour of love as you are more likely to spend more than it is worth.

Research it properly, understand you have a dog but with great bones and be careful about pricing, we've seen many on ebay and in here that ask too much and never sell.

Someone will be happy with this so glws when it happens. I'd also agree on the ebay route, selling it in here will be difficult without issues, sounds silly but I suspect you know what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back