orange evo2 build, finished, new pics added!17/7/09

Very nice, I like it and the colour combination of orange, silver and black, I noticed some of your previous bikes that you are a fan of Hope, Race Face parts and the SDG saddle.

Nice one :)

hey guy,

i like to have matching finishing kits if poss on my bikes. the 07 clockwork has raceface dues, this has evolve xc, my other bikes are matched but by colour as opposed to brand, my aluminium O has an atac stem, controltech bar and USE post but all ano purple. i try and do a theme, i think it gives a nicer looking bike than just sticking on any old brand or colour without having a little think about what it may look like before it is built. i also like, if possible, to have a matching gearset.

i like hope stuff coz it's easy to get spares for regardless of the model or age.

so i have reasons for some of the choices that i make but i'm open to using most brands as long as i know i can get spares as i need them. there are a few brands i wouldn't touch witha bargepole but there will be good reasons there aswel.

i also like to obey the rule of "dark frame, light coloured bits or bright frame, dark coloured or neutral bits" but the biggest rule i like to obey is "keep it subtle, don't overdo the ano, especially if it's already a bright colour"

:D

That 19" ctt iirc, I was tempted to get this but wouldn't have known what to do with it as discs, long forks and modern stuff would all be new and I wouldn't know where to start.

Does look nice :D

i'm lucky that i can ride both the 19 and the 17 with orange frames as i am on the border line of both and the sizes do cross over abit. i just checked the size to confirm 19 and it is a 19 c-t, my 07clockwork is a 17.5c-t yet the toptube on the evo is only 1/4" longer than the clockwork, would have thought it would have been a little longer.

when i bought my 07 clockwork i really had to consider which to go for, i chose the 17 based on how i was gonna build it at the time, day ride sort of bike so i wanted the tt clearance but i found even with a balls out xc set up of flat bar etc it worked fine for me. it's the same with this bike i can do whatever i want because the size fit fine.

gonna go test it in a bit as it's stopped raining! :D

Nice Work.

Liking the build... I've attached a pic of my evo2 which I lavished a few quid on.

Back