Orange - Elite 1992

Cheshire1980":393yjgf1 said:
Satisfing to use parts up, or parts not being used. Currently doing a similar thing with an aluminium o, building it up for my wife. With a mix of parts..

Now there's a thought!

We should make up a thread on bikes we've built for our wives.

We could call it Readers Wives.. Mmm.. Maybe not :facepalm:

emjay":3r8vpmsk said:
Cheshire1980":3r8vpmsk said:
Satisfing to use parts up, or parts not being used. Currently doing a similar thing with an aluminium o, building it up for my wife. With a mix of parts..

Now there's a thought!

We should make up a thread on bikes we've built for our wives.

We could call it Readers Wives.. Mmm.. Maybe not :facepalm:

How about Readers... Wives... Rides :twisted:

@ fluffy chicken, jeez man, this is taking longer than one of my builds :shock: ;)

Re:

Yeah, son grew faster than the bikes I could build him, I have a small Kona he out grew before it was finished too. So never bothered to finish them, they're too small for me to ride for any length of time.

So it takes another route ...
Waiting on a few boxes of V brake noodles, sets of 110, 90 and bendy types.

I always reshape and cut them to fit the bikes
Also these wheels can't* be used in this, need to find or build another set. But that means going in the loft.

As for speed, this one is my longest project

viewtopic.php?t=192423

The pace isn't tidy either, needs the frame stripping and powder coating.

pretty sure I have three other project I've not started either.
No rush.

*the rear is dished for for my pace.

Dammit, the M736 front mech isn't really liking the 50mm chainline and compact chainrings so much, couple wit the short cage M735 rear mech not quite coping well with the amount of chain it all needs, I'm going to have to dump them and use some 737/8 era stuff :-( if i have any. Time to go rummaging in the boxes again.
I could live with it, but it's not for me and it needs to always work.

Re:

This is built by the way, current forks at 100mm (Bomber of some sort) are way to long for the frame, they're not the SIDs or the Superfly, really need to get them SIDs working.

Bumping so i can find the thread again.

Back