Orange E4... Powdercoat or Polish

Quick update on my Orange E4

Decided not to powdercoat. I initially polished it, but it has dulled somewhat since, i like the result personally.

Managed to get a pair of f14 alu forks. Again these were stripped,polished then left.

Attachments

• E4 PIC2.JPG
    E4 PIC2.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 394
  • E4 PIC1.JPG
    E4 PIC1.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 394
Gotta love an E4. :cool:

The E4 is Easton Elite tubing (according to the sticker on the down tube).

I've got to say, I like the original orange powdercoat but polished works.

it's surprising how few Orange frames were available as standard in orange, you would have thought that would have been an obvious choice really. :?

The E4 was originally black, it was stripped then auto sol'ed and finally polished.
I also have an E3 which was stripped of lacquer and given the same process as the E4, but unlike the E4 it has kept its shine.
So why did it loose it's shine?.
Was it because the E4 was painted and the E3 lacquered? Or is it something to do with the aluminium. Cherry bomb was correct in saying that the E4 had Easton tubing. So was there a difference between the Easton aluminium and the aluminium A-pro used for the Elite E2 and E3.

Finally finished!

Decided on xtr 950/1 in the end with a syncros stem and f14 forks. Nice and light!

I know the wildgripers are not everybody's cup of tea, but i think they look the part on a alu Orange.

Attachments

• e44.JPG
    e44.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 327
  • e43.JPG
    e43.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 326
  • e42.JPG
    e42.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 325
  • e41.JPG
    e41.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 326
Cracking Build :cool: Although I think your bars need rotating 180 degrees..

Did you clearcoat the F&F?

Thanks for the input regarding the bars being in reverse kingroom. I know they are not fitted correctly, but this way suits my orangutan arms.

As regarding the frame. I have left the alu bare. It's allready had a couple of layers of polish applied though.

Back