Orange Dynamo/ Roadie - a bit of an update

mickey@spooky":2a96pwf1 said:
To me, the ultimate build on this bike would be period correct Ultegra(with DT shifters and headset)- It's a workman-like bike made by a company that is known for reliability and no-hype high-quality products. I'd finish it off with a Turbo, American Classic post, Cinelli XA stem and Giro '64's.

I'd run ultegra hubs on NOS mavic Gp4 tubs and modern 24cVittoria pave evo cg's.

That's just what I'd do. Durace and Campy are great and everything, but the build that I suggested will outlast the Apocalypse while still being light, precise and very fun to ride.

Save the Campy bits for a Cinelli.

many thanks - have decided to stay Euro on the build as that is what I have, cant reall afford to go Ultegra.

another day, another small update.

As usual, the shoe string budget and impatience only allows for a mish-mash of parts.

Campagnolo Veloce, Mirage and older generation Record.

Tires are 'stretching' while I wait for some rim tape.

Now I'm 6'1" , 14st, and I'm a bit worried I'm gonna break this thing the first time I accelerate off -I understand that this is 'compact geometry', however I have a terrible feeling its a bit small...

Anyway, just measured the pedal to saddle on all my bikes and it comes in at 34". The Orange with its short aero seatpost at its max is 34"...

Now for the front end - what stem/ bar combo do you recommend, I have access to a 130mm Cinelli bar/ stem combo.

any opinions/ questions greatly appreciated,

Attachments

• Orange Columbus SLX.jpg
    Orange Columbus SLX.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1,730
looking at it, I would say frame size is good. Seatpin is the problem. your seatpin looks to be the older style for a horizontal top tube (where not much sticks out). Compact geometries require a longer seatpost to get the same position. A 130mm stem would look ok, depends how you feel on it. If your on a budget a MTB Kalloy seatpost of the correct dia should fit the contemporaries. Probably plenty on the mtb section 4 sale.

pigman":2km3w1tq said:
looking at it, I would say frame size is good. Seatpin is the problem. your seatpin looks to be the older style for a horizontal top tube (where not much sticks out). Compact geometries require a longer seatpost to get the same position. A 130mm stem would look ok, depends how you feel on it. If your on a budget a MTB Kalloy seatpost of the correct dia should fit the contemporaries. Probably plenty on the mtb section 4 sale.

Shame, wanted to keep it Campagnolo - it is too short so will flog it to get a longer quality post.

I'd fear that you might find the 130 a bit long - it will depend on how high you get to to go, and how far the bars reach forward.

But that's a suck it and see one on fit.

Never mind Campag vs Shimano or sizing issues-

What colour bar tape are you going for?

CTK":160yvoik said:
Never mind Campag vs Shimano or sizing issues-

What colour bar tape are you going for?

A clever black and orange combo????

Looks well that bike, I like oranges :cool:

just put some Campagnolo Athena mechs on it and fixed the DT levers

not far from complete

sadly it will be Shimano levers unless something else turns up.

Saddle and bar-tape next.

Its so bloody light compared to what I'm used to! Worried it'll go twang as soon as I ride it...

Back