Orange Dynamo/ Roadie - a bit of an update

legrandefromage":1u07tlbl said:
can anybody tell me what year this is?

ta.

lol '94 is close but I think your frame is '93

i-am-iron-man":1u07tlbl said:
I still haven't taken any of my own pictures of this bike yet, but my build of this Orange Dynamo is very much in full swing:

dynamo1.jpg

I am chuffed to bits with this frame. The seller says it was made as a one-off for him in '93 by none other than Steve Wade - that the original owner used to ride with Wade was confirmed by none other than our own Cannondale King...!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47717

Tel":1gb27lzb said:
legrandefromage":1gb27lzb said:
can anybody tell me what year this is?

ta.

lol '94 is close but I think your frame is '93

i-am-iron-man":1gb27lzb said:
I still haven't taken any of my own pictures of this bike yet, but my build of this Orange Dynamo is very much in full swing:

dynamo1.jpg

I am chuffed to bits with this frame. The seller says it was made as a one-off for him in '93 by none other than Steve Wade - that the original owner used to ride with Wade was confirmed by none other than our own Cannondale King...!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47717

duh.... :LOL:

too bloody lazy to read the old posts

its got Shimano drop-outs - I cant possibly put Campagnolo onto Shimano drop-outs can I? The two would fight each other, surely?

Attachments

• orange road frame.jpg
    orange road frame.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 3,536
ere thats cool LGF. particularly like the colour and the power forks.

remember, not too long ago 90% of quality steel frames had campag dropouts and all gruppos were used.

what's the headset? that might give a hint at what group to go with.
personally, if were putting STi's/ergos on it, I'd have campag as I cant stand shimano STI's, but if I were having DT levers, I'd have shimano cos older parts are cheaper/easier to obtain/more interchangeable.

The headset is Campagnolo.

I have so far:

Campagnolo hubs, d/t levers/ chainset/ f&r mechs

dont have any brakes or levers yet

that bike only ever went up to ultegra once the rest of its time it was 105 equipt and then relegated to the loft until andys missus made him have a tidy up and a clearout of unused parts and frames :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

To me, the ultimate build on this bike would be period correct Ultegra(with DT shifters and headset)- It's a workman-like bike made by a company that is known for reliability and no-hype high-quality products. I'd finish it off with a Turbo, American Classic post, Cinelli XA stem and Giro '64's.

I'd run ultegra hubs on NOS mavic Gp4 tubs and modern 24cVittoria pave evo cg's.

That's just what I'd do. Durace and Campy are great and everything, but the build that I suggested will outlast the Apocalypse while still being light, precise and very fun to ride.

Save the Campy bits for a Cinelli.

Back