Orange Clockwork 1989 w. Campagnolo Centaur

Re:

Original forks it will be!
Searching for a low stack height non-shimano headset...
Thanks for your input!

Re:

lowest stack height 1" headset I've ever found is the Tange Passage. They're not even slightly fancy but if low is what you need......
Ebay item number 390718430777

Re: Re:

MatBH5":r56g3wuv said:
So... A choice
The steerer on the original forks is too short for the stack height on a Campagnolo headset. Seems a shame not to use all campy stuff.
I have some 1st Gen RC30s which are in need of a re-spray anyhow, and can fit with the Campagnolo headset.
Should I :
a) stick with the original forks with a Shimano headset;
b) spray the RC30 black (as was the aftermarket colour from Pace);or
c) go with a colour matched flouro yellow on the RC30, which will match the frame, and be similar to the RC100 colour too.
I'm thinking c), but happy to hear your thoughts - thanks...

I'm thinking that your mrs must be away, if you're getting away with taking pics in the lounge :LOL:

Re:

No Mark, any move which looks even slightly like a bike being put together and therefore possibly leaving the spare room is positively recieved. Then it gets put back :LOL:
Ride / Beers due soon, mate.

Re:

I was looking at mine today Mat and realised the pictures just don't do the yellow justice. In the right light it glows! Is yours the same?

Re:

Yes, it certainly does glow. Especially in nice bright sunlight. I did have a long debate with someone (an old orange aficionado) who swore this was a lime green. Can't see it myself.

Re:

After 5 years and no updates for nearly 4 years... I think it’s time to release the frame and fork into the wild :|

Bump to link to a for sale thread shortly. Pictures tomorrow. Frame and fork say £120 plus post so I don’t fall foul of any pricing rules.

Re:

Yep, best laid plans and all that. Perhaps releasing my longest-running (non-)build will start to get a bit of order restored to the garage.
I’ll gather up the matching stem and bar too, of course.
Thanks for the comment!

Back