Orange Clockwork 1989 w. Campagnolo Centaur

Hmmmmmm, not sure I'd bother about the cables although white would look good. If you have the cash then fair enough but I think I'd be looking for white or black cables without the Campy prices!

Cheers chaps... White it is then! Better start saving up!
I'd like more updates too, it'd mean there was progress being made.;-)
Despite trying many shades of neon nail varnish (that got some odd looks), none is quite a match a so I'm widening my search beyond Boots!

Re:

Hello, mini-update, with thanks to RetroYetiRigid for the wheelbuilding, the Euclid hubs and M6cd rims have been combined... Really happy with the results...

With the added benefit that with a slight tweak and tension, the wheels which came on the Clockwork (M6/7cd on xt 730/2) are now ready to take over duties on my Roberts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 508
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 508
Hi could you post a good side on pic of the frame please? Just thinking about a possibly 89 bare frame. Thanks

Re:

Coming together very nicely. Have to agree with white cables too, Campag cables would be a lovely finishing touch. Although quite expensive sadly...

Re:

This is going to be ace, such underrated frames, I so often feel that these lose out to so many of the US/Canadian top models and folks forget that these were a pretty pricey MTB BITD with top spec group. Will this be a rider or a queen?

Re:

With apologies, I seem to have missed some responses on this thread.

History Man, I've tried to catch the geometry in a photo - I think you might be working on a Clockwork now?

Thanks all for convincing me to go with white cables; I received gear and brake outers through the post this week - not cheap but an eBay lot bundled with some Euclid thumbies, which I can either sell or keep for another build. I really like the colour of the cable, which compliments the metallic white of the frame nicely.

I'm currently experimenting with a couple of luminous yellow touch ups, with different primers, to get the best colour match.

Hope to make real progress over the next few weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 404
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 404
Re:

Matt - that's looking sweet, absolutely lovely. Cables suit a treat.

I've just got hold of a very similar frame but a battered orange white one.

Can't wait to see yours finished:)

Latest posts

Back