Orange Aluminium O , now purple anodised, pics page 3! update 01/12/23

paint strip was 40, had to remove the bottle bosses etc, ano was 60, then refit the bottle bosses, comparable to a basic paint job
Where do you get the paint strip done for £40? I'm the other end of the Forest from you and I need that doing.

ok so i have been itching to get more done on this frame. i have managed to build it, some of the parts fitted are not staying, basically i'd like it to be pretty much all LX/XT mix, currently it has STX-RC brakes which will do while i find some XT or LX, also i got kippered on the STI units, bought them on ebay, when i got them i noticed a crack on the underside of the gear adjuster casting, thought it would be ok, didn't moan, should have, basically the adjuster falls/pulls out of the thread so it wouldn't index correctly, obvs wasn't pictured in the listing and it's now been way to long to complain. :rolleyes:

obvs saddle and pedals are modern, in there just for a test ride.

need to sort out some stickers, i am going to copy the font and colour from my 96 D2, it's almost identical to the stickers on the pictured frame earlier in this thread, anyway, here's a few pics:)

O1.jpg

O2.jpg

O3.jpg

O4.jpg

O5.jpg

this zip tie sort of stops the adjuster from pulling out but basically it's dead, thanks ebay
O6.jpg

so i got a little further with this, Ed supplied me a pair of Rockshox from his Aluminium O as my Marzocchi forks don't hold air and i can't be arsed to sort them out, as result those forks were unrideable, i also swithched out the flexstem for a retro purple one i got karma'd a while ago.

i still want to sort out some stickers, and i need to get some retro-ish grips and saddle, and i haven't sorted the shifter issue yet but it's pretty much there now..

ao1.jpg

ao2.jpg

ao3.jpg

ao4.jpg

ao5.jpg

ao6.jpg

Back