Onza skinwall tyres back in production

hydorah":pznabf6u said:
Ironically these first designs are for 29ers!

One of them is, but they showed three different skin wall tyres at seaotter and only one of them was a 29er tyre

but they dont have the onza logo :cry: :cry: :cry: so they are not really onza , or am i just being difficult again? :roll:

Attachments

• Onza-stickers.JPG
    Onza-stickers.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,854
There does seem to be a corporate conception that retro is niche. I wish it was. But it is not

These came out a while ago, but look at that stupid tread pattern, now they are 30% off

That probably helped manufacturers think noone wants amber walls

Those Onzas don't look too bad and 2.25 isn't that ridiculously fat... tread pattern looks useful. I think it's a mixed blessing about the logo at least we'll know if somebody cheated and bought new tyres rather than hunting for weeks or scrubbing up a set in the bathtub!

The 29'er tyre is a clever marketing ploy; a lot of people thought the big tyres looked too chunky all in black, but these look great...

...really gonna have to get me a 29'er when funds allow :oops:

Skinwall is not "retro-looking" I think. Dugast among others make some of the nisest and best tires and they look smashing.
dugast1.JPG

Also Jeff Archer @ FirstFlight Bikes have some nice and light skinwalls like the Panaracer Timbuk II
IMG_3242.JPG

I welcome the comback for the skinwall tire!

Sadly, giant idiot-boy decals seem to be standard on most reissued amberwalls which rules them out of my retroverse.

We_are_Stevo":r1n4mreb said:
:?: I don't remember Ritchey Z-Max logos being any more subtle, or Smoke and Dart... ;)

I do:

18112008535bv6.jpg

rektek_botm_1.jpg

(And apologies for using the Rek Tek pic to illustrate the difference: it is an outstanding build.)

Back