Olympic Gold, US Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open Again!

GT-Steve":3uubeyj5 said:
His day will come

he's had his chance, he won't be winning a GS now. In fact I dont think he'll be #4 for long, Tsonga is playing better and looking much more upbeat

KeepItSteel":20py4pws said:
GT-Steve":20py4pws said:
His day will come

he's had his chance, he won't be winning a GS now. In fact I dont think he'll be #4 for long, Tsonga is playing better and looking much more upbeat

The lad is just 25. Perhaps you know something the world at large is ignorant about? Is he about to retire?

The way I see it, Federer is soon out. That leaves Andy at, say 27, with a a few more years in the game with a clearer shot at finals. No reason at all he cannot capitalise on one of those that happen to be slams.

Meantime, even as things stand there is no reason he cannot develop as a player, especially a more aggressive serve to get him out of trouble when the finesse and all round game can't. Lendl can certainly help with that.

Hi attitude has improved massively of late, despite falling back into old ways a little in that Ferrer defeat.

He may not have been consistent enough in the big matches, but along the way he has literally wiped the floor with some of the big names.

Tazio":yw2oogxv said:
Spineless Scottish tosspot.

Playing through a back injury to win two matches is indeed the very definition of spineless. Four years in the top four, dropping out only shortly.

We certainly should be ashamed of such a loser from our wee nation.

Just needs bigger ba's.

highlandsflyer":3toa6oju said:
Tazio":3toa6oju said:
Spineless Scottish tosspot.

Playing through a back injury to win two matches is indeed the very definition of spineless. Four years in the top four, dropping out only shortly.

We certainly should be ashamed of such a loser from our wee nation.

Just needs bigger ba's.

I should have been more succinct.

I meant to say "Hibs fan"

David B":1u20fm1h said:
GT-Steve":1u20fm1h said:
I thought his brother was Al, the pub landlord bloke.. :?

As the Pub Landlord himself might have put it:

"Failed at the French Open? Oh dear, what a pity, never mind. Still, you should be ashamed of yourself for playing tennis in France in the first place. Didn't think that one through, did you?" ;)

David

I prefer his sister Ruby, she's hot :oops:

KeepItSteel":bdoz8vky said:
In fact I dont think he'll be #4 for long, Tsonga is playing better and looking much more upbeat

agree, can see Tsonga winning at Queens and Nadal at Wimbledon

What a laddie, he's as well writing this season off, can't bare the emotional turmoil of watching him Wimbledon :x

Back